Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's great to host fellow eggheads

Options
2»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Glad to hear yall made it home Fred.  Sorry to hear that Steve killed your chicken!  I'm really not surprised though.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

We had a great time!  I thought it might be worthwhile to check the car before we left in case Elaine decided to "adopt" Spike or Richard Parker.  I was glad that she didn't think to do so because if she did, she would have done it.  She's not shy about pursuing her interests!

@Greeno55 - I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you on Saturday.  We live in Shangri-La (a.k.a. Flint, Mich).

Flint, Michigan
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    @Fred19Flinstone - agreed, too bad we didn't get a chance to meet. Glad you could make it though. This was my first EF, can't wait to go to more.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    @Greeno55, are you planning on going down for the Niagara festival?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @Greeno55, are you planning on going down for the Niagara festival?

I am hoping to. But not sure if I'll be able to make it logistically. I'm flying out to Boston a few days later, and the 7 hour drive to Niagara is a ****.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    @Greeno55, spend those "few days" in the Niagara region and then make the 30 minute drive over the border to the Buffalo/Niagara airport from where you can take a Jet Blue flight to Boston. You'd be killing at least 3 birds with one stone... 1. Eggfest, 2. A nice little vacation and 3. Getting to Boston.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth - I actually looked at that as an option when booking my flight before I even knew about the Niagara Eggfest. Flying with the Porter seat sale right out of Sudbury was actually cheaper.