Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Plano Fest News!

hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841

The Plano fest is going retro!  Back by popular demand, we will be hosting a gathering this year instead of a full-blown eggfest.  So many folks enjoyed the camaraderie of Eggers just cooking for other Eggers that we decided to revisit that concept!  You know, the KISS method!

 

Bring your mini, bring your small.  Hell, bring ‘em all!  Same time, same place, same host hotel.  Depending on the number of attendees, we will either set up our eggs on the patio like we did the first two years or on the grassy space.  Tables will be provided, but not tents, so bring your own if you wish.

 

We’ll still have our meet & greet at the American Legion featuring Miss Opal’s famous chicken fried steak with the after party at the hotel.

 

Saturday, November 2.  Save the date!

 

As soon as updates are made to the web site, registration will begin.

Comments

  • TMayTMay Posts: 87
    Bummer For Me On The Date.... Conflicts With The 3Day Walk Weekend...
    Rowlett, Texas
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 429
    This will be a bad date for me but ....@hornhonk is one of the fellow eggers I met at Salado and he is totally top-notch. I urge all who can to support this gathering.


    Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,590
    edited June 2013
    What about Eggs? No sponsorship? Just asking. Sounds like a fun event. It always is.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    edited June 2013
    It's a gathering this year, Mickey. No sponsor needed.
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    What? What happened? I'm all about comraderie and cooking for people but I cant tote that monstrosity anywhere. Will there be an actual "Eggfest"? DFW is too good of a location for BGE not to sponsor an Eggfest. 
  • AltonAlton Posts: 445
    edited June 2013
    I agree with @plano_JJ......kind of disappointed
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Opening day of deer season? Oh well. You guys have fun. Maybe next year.
  • RV10FlyerRV10Flyer Posts: 139
    Opening day of deer season? Oh well. You guys have fun. Maybe next year.

    I'm with you @Aggie96_Egger.  I was hoping to make this one as my first but I need some more venison and pork for my new Egg addiction.


    North Texas

    XL and Small BGE

  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,590
    edited June 2013
    FEBE (For Eggers By Eggers). That can be the new rally cry for Plano's Gathering in November. For those of you who has only been to EggFests this will be more like a big party in your friends back yard that sells beer and mixed drinks really cheap. This will be so much more huggy feely than most Fests (Plano & Salado is examples of huggy feely Fests).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Plano_JJ said:
    What? What happened? I'm all about comraderie and cooking for people but I cant tote that monstrosity anywhere. Will there be an actual "Eggfest"? DFW is too good of a location for BGE not to sponsor an Eggfest. 
    Don't worry. We'll have loaners.
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    hornhonk said:
    Plano_JJ said:
    What? What happened? I'm all about comraderie and cooking for people but I cant tote that monstrosity anywhere. Will there be an actual "Eggfest"? DFW is too good of a location for BGE not to sponsor an Eggfest. 
    Don't worry. We'll have loaners.

    Are Elliott's Hardware or BBQ Galore involved?
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577
    Is it byopbr?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • sancho65sancho65 Posts: 110
    @henapple Come on down, We would love to have Ya!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,489
    Plano_JJ said:
    hornhonk said:
    Plano_JJ said:
    What? What happened? I'm all about comraderie and cooking for people but I cant tote that monstrosity anywhere. Will there be an actual "Eggfest"? DFW is too good of a location for BGE not to sponsor an Eggfest. 
    Don't worry. We'll have loaners.

    Are Elliott's Hardware or BBQ Galore involved?
    I don't think Elliot's is involved anymore. Can't remember what @hornhonk said to me about BBQ Galore, though.

    Rowlett, Texas

    Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

    The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

     

  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577
    sancho65 said:

    @henapple Come on down, We would love to have Ya!!

    I'm going good to lay next year's schedule over a eggfest map and see what I can do. Honesty... I struggle with having to pay to cook, taste and buying $3 beers. If I'm alive I will be in Salado unless @mickey hides the date from me. Oh wait, he needs someone to tell what to do... =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Plano_JJ said:
    hornhonk said:
    Plano_JJ said:
    What? What happened? I'm all about comraderie and cooking for people but I cant tote that monstrosity anywhere. Will there be an actual "Eggfest"? DFW is too good of a location for BGE not to sponsor an Eggfest. 
    Don't worry. We'll have loaners.

    Are Elliott's Hardware or BBQ Galore involved?
    No.
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    henapple said:
    Is it byopbr?
    You can bring your own or buy drinks at the bar.
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    henapple said:
    @henapple Come on down, We would love to have Ya!!
    I'm going good to lay next year's schedule over a eggfest map and see what I can do. Honesty... I struggle with having to pay to cook, taste and buying $3 beers. If I'm alive I will be in Salado unless @mickey hides the date from me. Oh wait, he needs someone to tell what to do... =))
    Plano doesn't charge, and the beer is nowhere near $3 !  Bottles, cans or on tap.
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Feeling a lot of love here..
    hornhonk said:
    henapple said:
    @henapple Come on down, We would love to have Ya!!
    I'm going good to lay next year's schedule over a eggfest map and see what I can do. Honesty... I struggle with having to pay to cook, taste and buying $3 beers. If I'm alive I will be in Salado unless @mickey hides the date from me. Oh wait, he needs someone to tell what to do... =))
    Plano doesn't charge, and the beer is nowhere near $3 !  Bottles, cans or on tap.

  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577
    My sister is in Allen. I plan on being there if iI can schedule a job close by... Which I usually can. I'll pay $3 a beer, but only pbr. I've paid $9 at a Titans game... For bud light... Yuck.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • kolbdriverkolbdriver Posts: 403
    Hey Steve, you need any rice....???
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Richard, please! I am declaring Arkansas has the best rice I've ever eaten. No joke!
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    henapple said:
    My sister is in Allen. I plan on being there if iI can schedule a job close by... Which I usually can. I'll pay $3 a beer, but only pbr. I've paid $9 at a Titans game... For bud light... Yuck.
    We also live in Allen. I hope you love your sister and visit her often! Hint...OO!
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    You come and the PBRs are on me!
  • TTUEggheadTTUEgghead Posts: 23

    Could someone help out a newbie who has never been to any of these official or unofficial gatherings?  I live in Dallas and interested in going.  Is there a fee to participate?  Everyone just cooks, shares their food, drinks, etc? 

     

    It sounds like a lot of fun, I'd like to hear more. 

    XL BGE, egghead since 2010

    Favorites: Beer Butt Chicken, Paella, ABT's, Prime Rib

  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    We'll have a banner up soon with more info. If you like, you can email me your phone # and I'll call and answer all  your questions. hornhonk@verizon.net
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.