Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Eggfest NE question

Ok, I know this seems like a silly question but I am a newbie....  Is Eggfest NE worth attending.  Just recently got an egg and don't yet have all the toys.  I am very comfortable with cooking on it and the techniques.  I know the food will be great and might get ideas but not sure that's enough to convince the wife to join me (and justify the price).

Any feedback is appreciated - Please don't kill me on this one :-)

Comments

• MJGMJG Posts: 156
    I don't know if it worth attending, but I am going to check it out.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Yes the NewEggland fest is a good fest to attend. It is well attended and has some great cooks. This will be our 3rd year attending and we look forward to it.
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,863
    billsme said:

Ok, I know this seems like a silly question but I am a newbie....  Is Eggfest NE worth attending.  Just recently got an egg and don't yet have all the toys.  I am very comfortable with cooking on it and the techniques.  I know the food will be great and might get ideas but not sure that's enough to convince the wife to join me (and justify the price).

Any feedback is appreciated - Please don't kill me on this one :-)

It's a legit question.  Going out and sampling food from strangers isn't everybody's idea of a good time.  With that being said, I'd encourage you to jump in with both feet and sign up to cook.  You already own an egg.  That puts you well above the fast majority of the folks who will be there to taste.  Recognize that any pressure to produce great food in large volumes is largely self-induced.  Just plan to cook something that is in your comfort zone and serve it to people - and don't plan to cook all the time (trust me on this one).  Or just encourage your wife to try it once.  Some people really enjoy it and want to go to any Eggfest they can.  For others, I can see how once might be enough.  It's really just a matter of how you and your wife enjoy spending a day.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX