Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need More WIng Space

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a crisis lol..... Want to make wings for some friends on Sunday for football but need more wings than I can get on the grill. I dont have the grill extender or what ever its called. I am planning on making either the chili wings or the ones off the dizzy pig website. Any one know another way to extend the capacity of the LGE and if not what about reheating them????? How do they hold up.[p]TIA[p]Get Sirius

Comments

• Greendriver
    Options
    What you do is go get you another grid at Lowes or somewhere, the same diameter as the one on the Egg (can be a little smaller). Then buy some threaded bolts, washers, nuts and make a 3 legged thingy-ma-doodger and you got a double decker (which you really need all the time anyway).
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Get Sirius,
    Ahhhhh..... wings. I had them for lunch and dinner, but not off the egg.
    Anywho, I have been in the same situation often. While not my preference, you can load her up and just try to turn them more often. It gets sticky, no pun intended, when they start to stick. Sometimes they don't, sometimes they do.
    It will be ok, I would baste with your marinade, olive oil and hot sauce at a minimum.
    I have had them 3 deep. Just be sure to check them often. Sometimes if the entire grill is covered with food, the dome temp and be misleading.
    Good Luck!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Get Sirius, Cabela's sells a set of three wing racks for $20. Each rack holds 12 wings (vertically), and you can probably get three racks on a large egg. And the wings don't need to be turned, however, you can move the racks around on the grill if you have uneven heat.

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    2racks.jpg
    <p />Get Sirius,
    Try these. Got them from Cabelas.
    A large should hold about two or three racks of twelve wings each.[p]rack2.jpg

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    jake42,
    I've got one .. works great. Needs a drip pan for really saucy wings.
    Doug