Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Italian Bread, Prosciutto, Fontina and Gruyere Cheses

Made a great little appetizer on the Egg this weekend that everyone at our cookout enjoyed. Prep time is fast and the flavors are excellent. I suggest Fresh Basil rather than dried to make it even better.

Plate-setter legs up, grate on top, 350 F

Thinly sliced Italian Bread
Olive Oil
Fontina Cheese
Gruyere Cheese

Bake 8-12 minutes until bread is crispy the way you like it.  Enjoy!

• paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,877
    Good looking appetizers! We like to do things like that on hot summer days.

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage. •Niccolo Machiavelli
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,693
    A lot ofy favorite ingredients in one dish. Thanks for posting.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,331
    Most eggcellent. Quick and easy are great properties for apps.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,586
    Really nice! I do something similar with a sliced Panini, calabrese salami, prosciutto, and provolone

Caledon, ON

• AltonAlton Posts: 445
    Really nice! I do something similar with a sliced Panini, calabrese salami, prosciutto, and provolone

Like this ... I like to drizzle a little balsamic vinegar with fresh basil.....extremely easy and quick, but packs punch full of flavor
    image.jpg 879.6K
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Thanks for sharing your recipes as well! 

We also made a great vegetable dish with the same meal,

This ratatouille was my favorite by far, I think it was the kale that really set off the flavors.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,240
    Thanks for sharing that. Looks like a great appetizer and would be perfect for an Eggfest.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings