Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Italian Bread, Prosciutto, Fontina and Gruyere Cheses

Made a great little appetizer on the Egg this weekend that everyone at our cookout enjoyed. Prep time is fast and the flavors are excellent. I suggest Fresh Basil rather than dried to make it even better.

Plate-setter legs up, grate on top, 350 F

Thinly sliced Italian Bread
Olive Oil
Basil
Prosciutto
Fontina Cheese
Gruyere Cheese

Bake 8-12 minutes until bread is crispy the way you like it.  Enjoy!
·

Comments

• paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,656
    Good looking appetizers! We like to do things like that on hot summer days.

A lot ofy favorite ingredients in one dish. Thanks for posting.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    Most eggcellent. Quick and easy are great properties for apps.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    Really nice! I do something similar with a sliced Panini, calabrese salami, prosciutto, and provolone

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Really nice! I do something similar with a sliced Panini, calabrese salami, prosciutto, and provolone

Like this ... I like to drizzle a little balsamic vinegar with fresh basil.....extremely easy and quick, but packs punch full of flavor
    image.jpg 879.6K
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • Thanks for sharing your recipes as well! 

We also made a great vegetable dish with the same meal, http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1152551/ratatouille#latest

This ratatouille was my favorite by far, I think it was the kale that really set off the flavors.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Thanks for sharing that. Looks like a great appetizer and would be perfect for an Eggfest.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·