Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another table thread

2»

Comments

• mark11mark11 Posts: 50
    Looks awesome Jim and yours has inspired me to make my first attempt at mortise and tenon joinery. I hope mine comes out as good as yours.
    ·
  • Thanks Mark. Good luck on your project.
    ·
  • cajunrphcajunrph Posts: 44
    Great looking table. You give us good ideas. 
    LBGE, 
    Redneck Country Club
    Columbia Lakes
    West Columbia, Tx
    ·
  • Well I broke her in tonight.  Nothing fancy, just cheese burgers.

I had some of the obligatory tools  :-)

Burgers ready to come off

They were awesome.

·
  • thebaronthebaron Posts: 23
    Really nice work. If I ever build another table I'll be looking up this thread!
    ·
  • mt332mt332 Posts: 13
    Deciding on table for XL BGE. Has anyone had experience with JS Design Shop tables and company. Also thing of metal cart. Anyone had experience with Challenger metal carts. Any other suggestions for metal cart companies.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,007
    I'm in love! Great job cheeseburger head!
    ·
  • HotwingkingHotwingking Posts: 183
    Very nice, craftsmanship looks excellent!
    ·
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 872
    Is it bad that this thread actually made me feel better about dropping $450 on my table?  Because, there is no way I could have built this table myself for less than that!  You must have quite the hobby in woodworking!
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418

Very nice work Jim!  I know you will enjoy years of fun with your custom table.   Mortise and tenon, the best joint there is. 

I'm from Appleton and yeah, I make fish on Fridays in my egg, ha ha.

·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 493
    Is that cutting board under the beer from your Ducane?

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • Clay, man that fish looks good.  Very good!!

"Is that cutting board under the beer from your Ducane?"

It sure is, you've got a good eye

·