Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoothies

bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
My wife just picked up  a ninja blender .Anyone have recipes for smoothies .Thanks 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Cup of ice
    4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
    2 scoops peanut butter
    2 bananas
    2 strawberry yogurt
    Water as needed
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream before blending and I'm in.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Go to the vitamix website there are alot of recipes. Funny you posted this I just finished watching the vitamix intro dvd like 10 minutes ago. We got the new 6300 yesterday
  • 8 oz water
    1 bag frozen mixed berries
    nuke for 30 seconds (still frozen but softened)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder

No ice unless you defrost the fruit too much. 1-2 pcs is usually fine.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bigphil

Lit said:
    Go to the vitamix website there are alot of recipes. Funny you posted this I just finished watching the vitamix intro dvd like 10 minutes ago. We got the new 6300 yesterday
    Thanks ,i've been looking at the vita-mix and ninja i like the vita-mix it was the higher $$$ that was making me second guess it and procrastinate .So tonight my wife are daughter went out and decided for me.

Thanks for the replies everyone 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • bigphil
    @Tjcoley that sounds good 
  • JeffM
    JeffM Posts: 103
    I  go the healthy route:
    no-fat yogurt
    bananas
    strawberries (preferably frozen for better smoothie consistency)
    spinach
    carrots
    honey
    dash of skim milk or almond milk
     Blend-You will not taste the carrots and spinach so don't worry.

Substitute pineapple, blueberries etc.
  • FireTower
    FireTower Posts: 69
    Watch Alton Brown make his breakfast smoothie here: http://youtu.be/0PKUC0SmaFY 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    1/2 lb pulled pork
    6 oz of your favorite bbq sauce
    2 cheap white buns. 

Blend until smooth.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bigphil
    Puréed pulled pork why the buns a straw would do . Can't even imagine that would look good lol
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Ice
    Spinach
    Fresh berries
    Scoop of protein powder
    Chia seeds
    Banana
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Spinach/kale Avacado Coconut oil Fruit of choice (I usually go berries mixed and apple) 1/2 beet
    Boom
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited June 2013
    Bassomatic (before Travis was born and after VI was an old man) http://www.hulu.com/watch/19046
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    edited June 2013
    My Vitamix is the one kitchen tool the gets used everyday as it's helped me to loose 20 pounds. There are a lot of good smoothie recipes out there, but check out the "Blender Lady" site. She has a lot of good information there. Specifically check out her post on the "5 Magic vegetables" (Veggies that you can add to your smoothie without imparting the veggie taste) http://blenderlady.com/vitamix-lady/   My go to morning blend:   3 Strawberries   1/2 Banana   Small handful of raspberries and or blueberries. (Don't go crazy with the raspberries as your blend will get seedy.)   A couple small slices of summer squash (Or one of the other "Magic Veggies")   1/2 scoop of whey protein powder   1 or 2 Tablespoon\s of flaxseed (Grinded)   2-3 Ice cubes   1/2 Glass of liquid (I use Diet v8 Splash as it adds a full serving of veggies)  
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975