Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Smoothies

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
My wife just picked up  a ninja blender .Anyone have recipes for smoothies .Thanks 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 12,856
    Cup of ice
    4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
    2 scoops peanut butter
    2 bananas
    2 strawberry yogurt
    Water as needed
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 502
    Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream before blending and I'm in.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,276
    Go to the vitamix website there are alot of recipes. Funny you posted this I just finished watching the vitamix intro dvd like 10 minutes ago. We got the new 6300 yesterday
    ·
  • 8 oz water
    1 bag frozen mixed berries
    nuke for 30 seconds (still frozen but softened)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder

No ice unless you defrost the fruit too much. 1-2 pcs is usually fine.

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380

Lit said:
    Go to the vitamix website there are alot of recipes. Funny you posted this I just finished watching the vitamix intro dvd like 10 minutes ago. We got the new 6300 yesterday
    Thanks ,i've been looking at the vita-mix and ninja i like the vita-mix it was the higher $$$ that was making me second guess it and procrastinate .So tonight my wife are daughter went out and decided for me.

Thanks for the replies everyone 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
    @Tjcoley that sounds good 
    ·
  • JeffMJeffM Posts: 97
    I  go the healthy route:
    no-fat yogurt
    bananas
    strawberries (preferably frozen for better smoothie consistency)
    spinach
    carrots
    honey
    dash of skim milk or almond milk
     Blend-You will not taste the carrots and spinach so don't worry.

Substitute pineapple, blueberries etc.
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,700
    We got this from Alton brown.. Love it
    1 cup almond or soy milk
    1 cup frozen fruit
    1 cup corresponding color juice. (if purple fruits then purple juice, orange fruit orange colored juice
    2 bananas.
    Turns out perfect every time
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,700
    Also. Consumer reports had the ninja ranked higher them the vita mix.. So your family made the right call
    ·
  • FireTowerFireTower Posts: 69
    Watch Alton Brown make his breakfast smoothie here:
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,384
    1/2 lb pulled pork
    6 oz of your favorite bbq sauce
    2 cheap white buns. 

Blend until smooth.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
    Puréed pulled pork why the buns a straw would do . Can't even imagine that would look good lol
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,681
    Ice
    Spinach
    Fresh berries
    Scoop of protein powder
    Chia seeds
    Banana
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,659
    Spinach/kale Avacado Coconut oil Fruit of choice (I usually go berries mixed and apple) 1/2 beet
    Boom
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,464
    edited June 2013
    Bassomatic (before Travis was born and after VI was an old man) http://www.hulu.com/watch/19046
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    My Vitamix is the one kitchen tool the gets used everyday as it's helped me to loose 20 pounds. There are a lot of good smoothie recipes out there, but check out the "Blender Lady" site. She has a lot of good information there. Specifically check out her post on the "5 Magic vegetables" (Veggies that you can add to your smoothie without imparting the veggie taste) http://blenderlady.com/vitamix-lady/   My go to morning blend:   3 Strawberries   1/2 Banana   Small handful of raspberries and or blueberries. (Don't go crazy with the raspberries as your blend will get seedy.)   A couple small slices of summer squash (Or one of the other "Magic Veggies")   1/2 scoop of whey protein powder   1 or 2 Tablespoon\s of flaxseed (Grinded)   2-3 Ice cubes   1/2 Glass of liquid (I use Diet v8 Splash as it adds a full serving of veggies)  
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·