Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoothies

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
My wife just picked up  a ninja blender .Anyone have recipes for smoothies .Thanks 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    Cup of ice
    4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
    2 scoops peanut butter
    2 bananas
    2 strawberry yogurt
    Water as needed
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream before blending and I'm in.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,839
    Go to the vitamix website there are alot of recipes. Funny you posted this I just finished watching the vitamix intro dvd like 10 minutes ago. We got the new 6300 yesterday
    ·
  • 8 oz water
    1 bag frozen mixed berries
    nuke for 30 seconds (still frozen but softened)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder

No ice unless you defrost the fruit too much. 1-2 pcs is usually fine.

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386

Lit said:
    Go to the vitamix website there are alot of recipes. Funny you posted this I just finished watching the vitamix intro dvd like 10 minutes ago. We got the new 6300 yesterday
    Thanks ,i've been looking at the vita-mix and ninja i like the vita-mix it was the higher $$$ that was making me second guess it and procrastinate .So tonight my wife are daughter went out and decided for me.

Thanks for the replies everyone 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
    @Tjcoley that sounds good 
    ·
  • JeffMJeffM Posts: 97
    I  go the healthy route:
    no-fat yogurt
    bananas
    strawberries (preferably frozen for better smoothie consistency)
    spinach
    carrots
    honey
    dash of skim milk or almond milk
     Blend-You will not taste the carrots and spinach so don't worry.

Substitute pineapple, blueberries etc.
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    We got this from Alton brown.. Love it
    1 cup almond or soy milk
    1 cup frozen fruit
    1 cup corresponding color juice. (if purple fruits then purple juice, orange fruit orange colored juice
    2 bananas.
    Turns out perfect every time
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    Also. Consumer reports had the ninja ranked higher them the vita mix.. So your family made the right call
    ·
  • FireTowerFireTower Posts: 69
    Watch Alton Brown make his breakfast smoothie here:
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,578
    1/2 lb pulled pork
    6 oz of your favorite bbq sauce
    2 cheap white buns. 

Blend until smooth.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    Puréed pulled pork why the buns a straw would do . Can't even imagine that would look good lol
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,821
    Ice
    Spinach
    Fresh berries
    Scoop of protein powder
    Chia seeds
    Banana
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    Spinach/kale Avacado Coconut oil Fruit of choice (I usually go berries mixed and apple) 1/2 beet
    Boom
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,420
    edited June 2013
    Bassomatic (before Travis was born and after VI was an old man) http://www.hulu.com/watch/19046
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    edited June 2013
    My Vitamix is the one kitchen tool the gets used everyday as it's helped me to loose 20 pounds. There are a lot of good smoothie recipes out there, but check out the "Blender Lady" site. She has a lot of good information there. Specifically check out her post on the "5 Magic vegetables" (Veggies that you can add to your smoothie without imparting the veggie taste) http://blenderlady.com/vitamix-lady/   My go to morning blend:   3 Strawberries   1/2 Banana   Small handful of raspberries and or blueberries. (Don't go crazy with the raspberries as your blend will get seedy.)   A couple small slices of summer squash (Or one of the other "Magic Veggies")   1/2 scoop of whey protein powder   1 or 2 Tablespoon\s of flaxseed (Grinded)   2-3 Ice cubes   1/2 Glass of liquid (I use Diet v8 Splash as it adds a full serving of veggies)  
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·