Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork In Two Minutes!!!!

Yep. I said it correctly. Brookwood Farms based out of Siler City NC. Pulled Pork with our classic Carolina Vinegar sauce. We have been family owned and operated since 1978. We have 600 yards of charcoal pits. Hand pulled and hand packed. Slow roasted for twelve hours. Check out our website at www.brookwoodfarms.com I also made a southwestern slaw to go with it. I will be using this for fish tacos on Wednesday night!!

Comments

• Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    where is the fun in that!    BGE > Microwave

Just kidding man, looks like your family has something special going on!
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited June 2013
    Mangrates

I was kidding but think that joke may apply here.
    Seattle, WA
  • ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,705
    I'm confused... instant pulled pork for fish tacos? what else is in that tub?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    I sell refrigerators to Eskimos.  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    You may have better luck on the gasser forums.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Say it ain't so Joe

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TarHeelBBQ
    TarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    Not trying to replace anyone from smoking thier own pulled pork.....just give it a try if you see it in the grocery store. i think you will be suprised
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    ten bucks a pound and i don't have to make it and my eggs never get dirty .what a deal now i just need mangrates to watch rust 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited June 2013
    Not sure I understand - are you shilling for your own business or pimping for someone else's? 600 yards of pit? I'd love to see a pic of 600 yards of butts!
  • Fortoday
    Fortoday Posts: 94
    I somehow missed the man grates...someone care to enlighten this Texan soul?
  • Yep. I said it correctly. Brookwood Farms based out of Siler City NC. Pulled Pork with our classic Carolina Vinegar sauce. We have been family owned and operated since 1978. We have 600 yards of charcoal pits. Hand pulled and hand packed. Slow roasted for twelve hours. Check out our website at www.brookwoodfarms.com I also made a southwestern slaw to go with it. I will be using this for fish tacos on Wednesday night!!

• Great pulled pork for those times when you don't have the time to do it from scratch.  I agree that it is the best on the market!  Look for it in tubs at your local supermarket's meat department. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I didn't realize I smoked pork from "scratch"
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • amtrac
    amtrac Posts: 7
    GREAT BBQ, WHEN YOU CANT MAKE YOUR OWN. I FIND IT TO BE THE BEST THAT YOU CAN FIND IN GROCERY STORES. 
  • You guys are barking up an entire forest of wrong trees.  I am curious to see pics of the North Carolina BBQ/southwestern slaw fish tacos, though.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • henapple
    Fortoday said:

I somehow missed the man grates...someone care to enlighten this Texan soul?

Search mangrate review

• J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    This post will surely get interesting later today when the other eggheads get home from work.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    If i got the math right, and Walmart refunds the $300. i spent on 17.6 pound bags of lump charcoal, i can go to my Sam's club and buy thirty pounds of this stuff!!! $-)
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Yep. I said it correctly. Brookwood Farms based out of Siler City NC. Pulled Pork with our classic Carolina Vinegar sauce. We have been family owned and operated since 1978. We have 600 yards of charcoal pits. Hand pulled and hand packed. Slow roasted for twelve hours. Check out our website at www.brookwoodfarms.com I also made a southwestern slaw to go with it. I will be using this for fish tacos on Wednesday night!!

@TarHeelBBQ - I for one would like to see a picture of what 600 yards of Charcoal pits look like!!  and can I go in on a group buy with you for charcoal?  I'm thinking I need like 10 bags... you need 10 truckloads. :-O

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• Pics of 600 yards of charcoal pits or GTFO :-w

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Remind me again who was on here begging for more traffic and for the lurkers to start posting?!
    [-(
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Lmao

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    It's just suspicious that someone's 3rd post is telling me how awesome some bbq is. Isn't selling bbq on here like me selling a Chevrolet to a Chevy dealership?
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    :))

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Furall
    Furall Posts: 124
    edited June 2013
    henapple said:

It's just suspicious that someone's 3rd post is telling me how awesome some bbq is. Isn't selling bbq on here like me selling a Chevrolet to a Chevy dealership?

Or trying to sell a Yugo to a Ferrari dealership. I doubt his even compares to egg pork.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Anyone, other than @charcoal_meister, willing to TOFTF and try this stuff? 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited June 2013
    @tarheelbbq if I had any control over this forum I would ban you.  What is the point of your post?  The picture of the pork platted on your home stove really gives me a lot of confidence that this is a high quality product.  Your alter egos @amtrac and @charcoal_meister with a combined 9 posts also give me a bad taste.  Not to mention the picture of something that looks like coleslaw.  Does that come in a tub too?

The rest of your posts have been contributions to the site...this...you should think twice about before doing again.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• henapple
    I'm always leary of new members selling stuff. Especially WHEN ITS FREAKING AWESOME. If Mickey, VI, Centex, etc.. Said it's worth having I'll look twice. I'm sure they could sell sh!t on a stick and have a great movement here. :-@
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    henapple said:
    I'm always leary of new members selling stuff. Especially WHEN ITS FREAKING AWESOME. If Mickey, VI, Centex, etc.. Said it's worth having I'll look twice. I'm sure they could sell sh!t on a stick and have a great movement here. :-@
    Pun intended?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.