Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp Table

Options
Hopefully around Father's Day I will be getting my XL BGE. I decided to build a temporary table for it till I can build its permanent home. I'm hoping the table nest feet will fit on the corner pieces, otherwise I will just deck it. I can't wait to start grilling. image
Eastern Shore, MD - XL

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Just be careful that it can't get bumped...1000 degree coals will create some excitement, a broken egg will create heartbreak.
  • ESTBoat
    ESTBoat Posts: 11
    Options
    Something to think about. Thanks.
    Eastern Shore, MD - XL
  • vtsmoker
    vtsmoker Posts: 7
    Options

You sould look at the stability of the tables they make for the egg. I'd think this thru

Spaightlabs said it best. One of those legs kicks your done. When you open the egg you change the weight load.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    That's scary...go grab some cinder blocks and use them for a temporary table.

Won't cost you much and will make a good temporary stand for your egg. For and a paver and you'll be at perfect grilling height.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • mt332
    mt332 Posts: 13
    Options
    Deciding on table for XL BGE. Has anyone had experience with JS Design Shop tables and company. Also thing of metal cart. Anyone had experience with Challenger metal carts. Any other suggestions for metal cart companies.