Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chocolate Chip Cookie for Dessert?

Uhhhh.... YES! 

This disappeared with only 7 adults and 2 kids eating it hot off the grill with vanilla bean ice cream. YUM 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• LTAFlynEggLTAFlynEgg Posts: 84
    cast iron choc chip cookie... Nice! I also did a dessert for the first time tonight, full post will be up later tonight
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,584
    These are great. Fam fav around here
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • skellis614skellis614 Posts: 64
    edited June 2013
    Here's a family favorite. Slightly undercook the chocolate chip cookie, throw on some ice cream and chocolate syrup! Great!
    image.jpg 812.3K
    LBGE, Burgeoning Accessories
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,091
    Yep. That looks awesome! Bookmarked.

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069
    Love CI Cookies, hope the ice cream was Blue Bell.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• JamieoroJamieoro Posts: 180
    Uhh. This looks amazing. PLEASE share your recipe!
  • yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 374
    Looks great as always, I think @Griffin posted a recipe on his blog a little time back for CI cookies. 
  • +1 on the recipe request!

Also, I'm tempted to try this in my ceramic "deep dish" pizza stone....no reason that woudn't work, right?? 

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069
    I'll go ahead and speak up. He answered on the other forum about the recipe. He used one from SphistiMom not the one I used. Still looks great and I'd like to try it.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Some please wipe the puddle of mt desk and hand me a napkin  =P~
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,130
    Is it basically a whole pack/roll of cookie dough pressed into a skillet, or does other stuff added into it? It looks damn good!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fiver29fiver29 Posts: 519

I was sent the recipe from a co-worker. She raved about it and I thought 'I bet that would be great on my egg'

So I cooked some pork tenderloins indirect at 350. Platesetter and drip pan went underneath. I pulled the pork and put them on another grill that was cranked up to high to get some sear/char marks. During the rest I put together the cookie and put it on the egg. It took 35 minutes. I didn't have chocolate chunks on hand so I used chocolate chips. Here's the link to the recipe:

http://www.sophistimom.com/one-pan-skillet-cookie/

Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,130
    Oh damn. That is so much better than store-bought cookie dough in a pan. Now I really want some!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • mark11mark11 Posts: 52
    I've never heard of this but will be trying it very very soon, thanks.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,542
    Here is the one I did on Saturday night. image

• fiver29fiver29 Posts: 519
    Yup.  Pretty easy and was gone in a flash!!
    Strongsville, Ohio