Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grid Help!

My Grid is giving up, started to twist and bend and a wire has come loose!

I would definitely love a cast iron grid, but i have a hard time keeping my DW rust free.
Any suggestions? Stainless, porcelain, cast iron???

Links would definitely  be a plus!

Felipe
Men, easier fed than understood!!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited June 2013
    SS by far (IMO). CI only gives you grill marks and no taste difference and heavy + rust. I have given all three of my CI grills away. I use a CI pan when needed. I do not ever use my DW. But when I did I would put it in the hot Egg when killing fire.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    OK, first guy says mangrates I'm coming down there!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    OK, first guy says mangrates I'm coming down there!
    Keep it clean! its a family oriented forum!

=)=))
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    I like the char with the CI. It is heavy, but mine is well seasoned so it isn't rusty. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I've had a couple of cast iron grids but they blow up pretty easily. I have stainless grids from CGS and they are great.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited June 2013
    Little Steven mangrates  :-h ,i have BGE cast iron hasn't rusted even tho i rarely use it but if i needed to replace my grids i'd buy the BGE over the weber ones i think BGE are sturdier but thats my opinion 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.