Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It's great to host fellow eggheads

Well, Freddy, his beautiful wife Patty, their daughters the wonderful Samantha and the very precocious Elaine were kind enough to drive an additional 60 miles to join us for the afternoon and a late-ish dinner. Fred cooked the sous vide chicken perfectly and I put it in what I thought was a 250* oven to warm but with my old eyes it was 350* and dried it out pretty good. Anyway, speaking for us we had a wonderful time and I hope they enjoyed themselves as well. Our daughter Brianna is the unidentified one beside my wife Norma.

photo DSC_0068-3.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,261
    That is one tall skinny family.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Are my pics coming out funny? They look fine to me. You are obviously not talking about my family but I do have Barney Rubble legs

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,261
    Yeah the pic is coming out tall and narrow for you again
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,974
    Thats because they're in skinny Canada. Not as obese as the US.

It sounds like a lovely gathering! I had an awesome time at my first eggfest (Salado in March), so I'm jealous.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    If you click on it does it straighten out?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    CT, I put on a Dickies shirt for your viewing pleasure but forgot to turn sideways

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 458
    @littlesteven - clicking on it does straighten it out. So did holding turning my iPhone horizontal. Looks like everyone had a great time.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,578
    Very hospitable of you Steven!  The pic looks fine now for me.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,558
    Nice LS, its nice to see eggheads come together and enjoy the egg....and some molson Canadian too.
    :)>-
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 679
    Is illegal to wear a Wings shirt in Canada?
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,374
    Is illegal to wear a Wings shirt in Canada?
    Fred told me that he had the shirt hidden in one of the tire wheels of the car when they drove across the border.  :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited June 2013
    Hey there are alot of Canadians on the red wings,even a Newfoundlander Daniel clearey!!!

·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    You still haven't installed those eggmates?? Do I need to send you a step stool?
    ·
    Nah but you can come up and let me stand on yer haid

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    @little steven... I've never met you. Is that you in the red shirt?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,070
    Eggers hanging out with eggers, life is good!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    henapple said:
    @little steven... I've never met you. Is that you in the red shirt?  Yes it is, I've been a Dead Things fan for many years.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 458
    @Spaightlabs - it definitely will be when they move into the Eastern Conference next season. 

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • This is awesome Steve. Really what makes this place so cool (besides me, I mean. That's the main thing but yours was cool too). 

seriously though- love this. Freddie looks like he can handle a pop or 2. Hope you had a full fridge. Oh who am I talking about? Of course you did.

·

Not anymore :))

Yes you do bring sort of an elevated level of cool to this place but I mean you are kind of a big deal around here.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Not anymore :))

Yes you do bring sort of an elevated level of cool to this place but I mean you are kind of a big deal around here.

I get that a lot (Janell rolls eyes)

·
    edited June 2013
    Nice LS, its nice to see eggheads come together and enjoy the egg....and some molson Canadian too.
    :)>-
    Do you ever get off the rock bye? You let me know if you're in the GTA now my son.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,558
    We are planning a trip to Belleville and Toronto next summer as my wife's twin sister lives there...I'll give you a holler when we are up there,love to me you!!
    I'll even screech you in!!!! :D

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,070
    Wait a minute.... George the Chief is coming looking for you @Little_Steven and Alex Delvecchio is rolling in his grave @fred19flintstone, a die hard Leaf fan cavorting with a die hard Wings fan?
    The egg conquers all. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Season's over for both of us man. We decided to leave it on the ice eh

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I can't say enough nice things about Steve and Norma and their family!  We had such a nice time!  We met their sons Kyle and Roger and their daughter Brianna and they were great.  Elaine had fun hanging with the boys and Roger in particular was very nice and showed Elaine such a good time!  We had excellent food and conversation!  Check it out.

Roger teaching Elaine billiards:

imageimageimage

Here's the group photo we have.  Brianna is more identifiable in this one.

Thank you Steve & Norma for your tremendous hospitality!  We look forward to seeing you again!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    Cheers bud! What time did you get home?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • 3:00.  Patty drove the whole way,  but since she works nights, she was ok.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 615
    Fred, where did you travel from?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
    Ouch. I felt bad for the drive you had in front of you when you were leaving. We in the boonies and I had hoped you would stay so we could continue drinking. I'm pretty sure Elaine would have abducted spike or Richard Parker though. My word she is a sweetheart!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·