Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday's Cook

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

Had quite a busy day Saturday. Started off making some home-made Jimmy Dean style Breakfast links (5lbs)

Then 5lbs of cheddar brats

Threw on 2 racks of ribs. One with Dizzy Pig, one 50/50 salt and pepper

Some ABTs

Some Corn

Wasn't planning on cooking the brats, but more people ended up coming so I had to add extra protein (and I was a bit curious)

We also cooked up some of our venison jalapeno cheese sausage. Unfortunately these were the last of my pics. I was so busy, I never stopped to eat all day, and then the bourbon started flowing and I sort of forgot to take any finished pics. From what I do remember, I wasn't a big fan of the salt and pepper ribs. Sure, it works for brisket, but I think pork really benefits from some sweet and heat. Everything got devoured and for once, there were hardly any leftovers. Good night, but I was exhausted by the end.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Looks great Griffin. What about Sunday?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I took the day off and had Whataburger. I put Mrs. G on a plane to Atlanta and didn't feel like cooking for myself.

Rowlett, Texas

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Great looking grub, as usual, Grif.  I love the potato probe holder.  :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    You were a busy man Saturday! Everything looks great.

How did the S&P ribs turn out vs the Dizzy Pig?

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Griffin
    Great looking grub, as usual, Grif.  I love the potato probe holder.  :)

I lost the original clip thingee. Not sure where, but I'm pretty sure bourbon was involved.

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    lewisj82 said:
    You were a busy man Saturday! Everything looks great.

How did the S&P ribs turn out vs the Dizzy Pig?

Dizzy Pig won hands down. I think ribs (and pork) benefit from a little sweet and heat. They were ok, just kind of bland. Oh, forgot to mention, I used peach wood for the cook. First for me.

Rowlett, Texas

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That is definitely a busy Saturday!  It all looks great.  Homemade cheddar brats...nuff said! 

I will be looking forward to your entry in the next throwdown ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Inspiring.... Nice. My ka sausage stuffer has been sitting new in the box for 2 yes now, one day... One day
    Seattle, WA
  • Griffin

@SmokeyPitt - I'll try and come up with something that won't disappoint. Can I just make another pineapple upside down cake? Nobody's seen that ever. ;)

@SkinnyV there's a sense of pride in doing it yourself. Don't know how hard it is with a KA, but a vertical stuffer is worth the money over using a grinder to stuff.

Rowlett, Texas

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    You were a busy manon Staurday!! I can see why you rested. Great looking grub Grif.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.