Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I need to remind myself.....

.....to keep it simple sometimes.  I keep seeing posts from all you fantastic chefs, which constantly motivates me to tackle complicated (and usually delicious) dinners.  Days like today, however, call for something different.  Long day of rug shopping with Mrs. Egger and the kids, too late back home to do anything complex.  So, grabbed some chicken thighs and covered liberally with soy sauce, soyaki (Trader Joe's), some ginger, and fresh orange juice.  On the grill direct at 450 partnered at the end with fresh asparagus.  Served with some Basmati rice....simple, yet remarkably good.

imageimage
·

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 344
    Man  that looks great,

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524
    Wow, love the simplicity. And the black scars on the chicken.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,818
    That's pretty fancy to me. I'd eat it
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    You might call that "simple" but many times some of the "simplest" meals turn out "the best" !!  That looks "first class" to me !!! 
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,912
    Simple my ass... That's a $25 entree around here. Well played!
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,371
    Very nice.  Rule #33; cooking things the complicated way doesn't necessarily give you better results, and is a lot more work.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • ddeggerddegger Posts: 244
    True enough - thanks all. Good reminder tonight to scale back from time to time. Only had the egg for a few months now, but been thrilled with just about all the meals, simple or complex. My kids both said tonight: anytime dad fires up the egg we know something good is going to happen!
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    Okay, on the plated pic:  you have grill marks going all the way around a round thigh; how did you do that?!?   :-/

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 488
    Botch said:
    Okay, on the plated pic:  you have grill marks going all the way around a round thigh; how did you do that?!?   :-/
    Raw meat goes on hot grill shapeless, and becomes round and firm as it cooks.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Thats a fine looking meal to me, well done sir
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    Cowdogs said:
    Botch said:
    Raw meat goes on hot grill shapeless, and becomes round and firm as it cooks.
    I think that's pretty much how it happened
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,269
    edited June 2013
    I usually just balance mine on the skinny ends for a minute or two  

B-)

Looks great! We had (almost) the exact same meal last night.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Looks great!  90% of my meals are less complicated than this one ;).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,049
    OK- simple is open the wieners, slice put on top of a can of Bush Beans, heating being optional - What you did is far from simple, looks great. Have eyed TJ's soyaki, might just try it. Thanks!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    OK- simple is open the wieners, slice put on top of a can of Bush Beans, heating being optional - What you did is far from simple, looks great. Have eyed TJ's soyaki, might just try it. Thanks!
    Try it...pretty tasty.  My very picky son loves it.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Not too simple, not too complex. Looks wonderful and sounds like it had great flavors in it. Nicely done.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·