Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Legs

Options
What's the best way to cook these in the egg?

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Marinated overnight in Allegro Hot & Spicy, then done direct at 400 for 35 minutes until the internal is at least 180.

Rack available at Ace Hardware.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I agree with doc (the leg eggspert) on everything except the time. I like them in the hot and spicy for 2-3 hrs.

Find your own sweet spot.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • corb69
    corb69 Posts: 155
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll let you know how they turn out.
  • Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    the rack works great love it.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• corb69
    corb69 Posts: 155
    Options
    Ok. They were good but I definitely need to get one of those racks. The skin was charred and just peeled away. I like to get the skin crispy.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I picked up some Hot & Spicy this morning from harris teeter. I will be making these this weekend. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    corb69 said:
    Ok. They were good but I definitely need to get one of those racks. The skin was charred and just peeled away. I like to get the skin crispy.
    I use the rack all the time now and it has greatly improved the legs I have made in the BGE.  The skin doesn't always come out crispy, but I'm experimenting with that. I cook indirect at about 350 grid. Haven't tried direct heat, but maybe I'll do that next time.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA