Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Graduation Party Cook (Need advice)

AltonAlton Posts: 431
Sounds like a common theme lately. Going to do two pork shoulders , a 14lb Brisket and 3 different apps.. Problem is that I can't fit both both shoulders and he brisket on my large egg at one time no matter how I try. Even using the treasured grate extender. So I plan on doing the shoulders ahead of time and do the brisket over the night before and FTC until the party. Question: What's the best way to reheat the shoulders that replicates my usual FTC method. Thanks
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I just did two 9 pound pork butts on Friday before a Saturday noon luncheon.  Turbo cooked the butts on Friday, allowed the rest of two hours, then into the refrig still wrapped in their foiled package.  Three hours before the luncheon, placed the pork, still wrapped in foil, into a 300 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours --  luncheon was 30 minutes away.  Placed pork packages into a cooler and drove to the luncheon.  Arrived at luncheon, removed pork from cooler and pulled right on the serving table, poured juices back over pulled pork ---- served..
    ·
  • Just my two cents--if I am serving 50+ people, I would just do butts for the meat.  All finish together and can be pulled as served.  The apps sound good, and then just keep it simple on the meat.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,681
    Get an XL and be done with it.  :ar!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    I do this alot, vacuum seal the pulled pork, put it into the refrigerater or freezer. when it's time for the party, just put the bags in boiling water for a few min. the bag keeps it moist and smells just like you pulled it right there.
    ·