Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby back Ribs

Options
Pigsooie
Pigsooie Posts: 1
I am trial to dial in my technique for ribs. Some good and some just ok. What temperature (dome or grid) do y'all cook ribs at? Do you foil? If so, at what temp on the meat and for how long. I have been cooking for an hour or so then normally wrapping for an hour, but I would just like of a more precise time for how long to do everything.

Comments

• The Roost BBQ
    Options
    I cook my baby backs for 2.5 to 3 hours at 225-250. I then take them off and wrap them in foil typically with some brown sugar and apple juice in the foil. Put them back on the Egg for 2 hours at that 225-250 range.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    I've done several methods, but most recently cooked at 230*-240* indirect for two hours, then wrapped in foil at same temp adding some apple juice for one hour, then unwrap and back on for another two hours, adding sauce for the last hour or so.  Five hours total.....turned out great. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer