Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The family that cooks together

My mother in law told my wife that the Egg is the best purchase she ever made for me.  It has brought the family together.  We BBQ for the whole family almost ever other week.  As I have gotten better, more and more family make it out for the BBQs.  Today we have 4 racks of baby backs on with some homemade ranchero beans.  Pictures to come later...
LBGE
Zionsville, IN
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I bought my son-in-law an egg AND HE STILL COMES HERE TO EAT!!!   :D
    ·
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    Here is 1 of 2 of the Carolina Style Ribs...The other 2 were sweet and sticky(honey and brown sugar)  The ladies love the sticky ribs. image
    ribs.jpg 106.4K
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,447
    edited June 2013
    Very cool. I think my sister visits more often now for that reason, but she's always liked my cooking :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • MJGMJG Posts: 170
    This is true. My Egg draws normally gumpy teen-aged girls out of their rooms for more than just dinner...they actually hang out too.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
    ·
    @MJG i have a 3 year old and an 8 month old.  I can't imagine the day that I have to try to get them to hang out with me.  I LOVE coming home from work to be greeted by a super happy 3yr old and a grunting 8 month old.  
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • TiggenTiggen Posts: 6
    That's awesome! Hope it's the same for me and my family.
    ·
  • MJGMJG Posts: 170
    @Eggucator, your day will come. The game changes in many ways. It's spectacular when you find something to bring the family closer.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,681
    Noticing the same thing. Parents come over more as well as other family. Good stuff.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • I love me some Sticky Ribs!!!!!
    ·
    @robnybbq I feel the same way.  I love entertaining now that I know what I am doing!!!  Having the family over(both sides), having a couple home brews(my other passion) and just hanging out in the backyard is just plain awesome!
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·