Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs = GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ended up with 4 hours and no mop. I took JJ's considerations to heart about the temperature variations inherent in opening the dome. I only opened twice: once at 3 hours to realize they were not yet done then once at 4 hours to take em off.[p]The results were very very good. Only my parents came over (no brothers came...let's see how nice their Christmas presents are next year...) so the rack of ribs was more than enough for the 3 of us. The ribs were very tender. It's kind of cool cooking for people who aren't too experienced with great Q. My mom was amazed when I held up a slab of ribs and took a bread knife and cut through the slab like butter by simply pressing down. After that, I didn't allow knives to demonstrate how these ribs pulled apart so nicely.[p]One bad side is I think JCA, Jobu, and BBQFan1 have really ruined my heat tolerance. These ribs had a slight kick which to me was perfect. My mom, while remarking the ribs were the best she'd had, did comment a couple times that they were a little spicey. Next time I'll go a little easier on the cayenne...[p]Thanks JJ and NB and all others over the past year plus for the advice![p]Ribs are gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood,
Cornfed

Comments