Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Foie gras, avocado, salami, parmesan, tomatoes, french shallots...

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
...and grilled romaine!

You guys must be fed up of my grilled romaine posts but this is oh so good!

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    OK - I'm sitting here looking at three day old leftover chicken fajitas for lunch and thought I'd browse the forum, and you do this? Looks fantastic. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Fatty liver, huh.... Just what I need. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Damn Paq. Bringing it to the people. Very nice.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options

That combo looks most eggcellent-and I enjoy grilled romaine-just not with your passion!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Wow, looks fantastic. Has a lot f my favorite things in it.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • paqman
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    Wow, looks fantastic. Has a lot f my favorite things in it.
    Just can't go wrong with foie gras... but not too often :)

Options
    lousubcap said:

That combo looks most eggcellent-and I enjoy grilled romaine-just not with your passion!

It's not really a passion.... I did it for the first time last week and we are playing with flavors.  It is just the two of us and we purchase the 6 pack from Costco. We used to be wasting a lot of it, not anymore!

Options
    Fatty liver, huh.... Just what I need. 
    Fatty liver is good for you!

Options
    OK - I'm sitting here looking at three day old leftover chicken fajitas for lunch and thought I'd browse the forum, and you do this? Looks fantastic. 
    Leftover chicken fajitas are good as well but after this I had to go for an afternoon nap and I just woke up...

edited June 2013
    Options

Love fois gras. So in the pic, I am trying to identify the Fois Gras. Where?

Had no clue that Costco carried them. Is it some brined/preserved stuff or frozen?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I don't eat it much but thats a chunk front and center at the bottom and right bottom front yeah?
  • paqman
    Options
    Aviator said:

Love fois gras. So in the pic, I am trying to identify the Fois Gras. Where?

Had no clue that Costco carried them. Is it some brined/preserved stuff or frozen?

There is one big chunk right in the middle just over the cucumber. The romaine came from costco (6 pack) but the foie gras was purchased at a local fine grocery store.

Options
    Got it. But sad that's not what you got from Costco. Have to look around. But I am Redneck country. They will ask me if its some kind of grass/weed !!

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.