Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time poster

PigsooiePigsooie Posts: 1
I live this site first of all. I have been an egg owner for about a year. I have been cooking a lot of pork butts here lately. I normally inject them with apple juice, cider vinegar, etc. However, I have been thinking about rubbing with mustard and rub. Does anybody use yellow mustard to marinade? If you do, do you also inject any other marinade. This is leftovers from a turbo butt from last night.
image.jpg 1.6M

Comments

• PigsooiePigsooie Posts: 1
    Love*
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,671
    I don't inject and use mustard although my last butt and ribs I didn't. Welcome.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 374
    Welcome to the forum, some people put mustard on to hold the rub on (doesn't add anything to the taste).  I don't think it's necessary and just put the rub directly on and rub it in.  Hope that helps, have a good one. 
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,336
    I have never used mustard and have never injected.  I honestly don't think mustard is necessary but don't fault people for using it.  I just have never had a problem with my rub sticking, so dont have a need for a binder.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    I use mustard all the time. yellowdogbbq is correct, it does not add flavor, but combination the mustard and the rub, make a great bark.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart