Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Well well well

13»

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,925
    I can only imagine what Centex and @travisstrick would do with a precooked brisket. Dear lord the rushed alcohol consumption to get to dinner time would be epic.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • TEggSunTEggSun Posts: 214
    Thanks, @cazzy.  I was assuming they were raw briskets.  I haven't purchased them any other way.  Sorry for the confusion.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

·
  • I can only imagine what Centex and @travisstrick would do with a precooked brisket. Dear lord the rushed alcohol consumption to get to dinner time would be epic.

I've had a few. Been a long time but I'm sure I'll hit it again before I die.

·
  • hoffmandhoffmand Posts: 105
    Scored two at the 620/2222 HEB this morning. They had one more left as of 10:00. Thanks, fellas!
    Cedar Park, TX
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,244
    edited June 2013
    hoffmand said:

Scored two at the 620/2222 HEB this morning. They had one more left as of 10:00. Thanks, fellas!

You should have bought all 3

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    The military has a "brisket entree" MRE. I refuse to eat one. It looks like dog food.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    thanks for the heads up....

Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,526
    The military has a "brisket entree" MRE. I refuse to eat one. It looks like dog food.
    Agree with you. But have been surprised with the "new" flavors of the MREs. Some actually had a taste to them. That or I was way too hungry.
    :D

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
    edited June 2013
    cazzy said:

hoffmand said:

They had a limit of 2 per person. I think I heard them talking about some guy smelling of smoke and whiskey who tried to buy all of them yesterday... :)
    Cedar Park, TX
    ·
  • hoffmand said:
    They had a limit of 2 per person. I think I heard them talking about some guy smelling of smoke and whiskey who tried to buy all of them yesterday... :)
    Joke's on you @hoffmand. I was drinking vodka yesterday. 

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Aviator said:
    Agree with you. But have been surprised with the "new" flavors of the MREs. Some actually had a taste to them. That or I was way too hungry. 
    :D
    Actually, we ate C-rations in my day, and some of them were very good. Trading meals was a favorite passtime.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    The whsky is permanent

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • The whsky is permanent
    fair enough. 

·
    I called the other HEBs around here and no one else had CAB briskets, just 620 and 2222. Parmer & 1431, 620 & Anderson Mill, 183 and Lakeline sounded like they never had them. The 183 one had prime for $3.99 but I passed on those.
    Cedar Park, TX
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    edited June 2013
    There are reasons why we are still a part of the union...

@Aviator: I figured it was a smartphone typo... or that i was being berated for getting to HEB too damn late! :)

[lost the first reply to the approval grinch, so have to repost].

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited June 2013
    This is an obvious vast liberal left wing conspiracy.  I was able to find the original photograph (before it was photoshopped), and I am posting it here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,675
    Who's on first??? :)
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·