Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Challenger Grill Tables

hondabbq
hondabbq Posts: 1,980

I am considering one of these tables seeing as I live in Canada and cant find anything here that covers all the bases these do.

I work in the restaurant business and even went so far as to get a quote from a supplier here for a custom table. $$$$$.

Obviously living far away I cant touch or see them in person. There isn't even one close to the border for me to plan a weekend trip for a peek.

I am sure there are a few eggers on here that own or know of someone who has one. Please relay the good/bad and ugly about these tables. I am looking to get the 48" one.

Comments

• hondabbq
    No one owns or knows someone?
  • Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    edited June 2013
    I don't know anyone but the 76" looks nice.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053

I have one and really like it.  However, they are not 100% powder coated.  The door panels and the back have a different type of covering and I've heard at least one person has had it come off.  He was going to take it back to the dealer but I never heard whether they took care of him or not.They are beautiful tables, are weather proof, and hold all the eggcessories for an XL with no problem.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited June 2013
    My dealer has a couple in stock. I have drooled on them several times and have not observed an bad or ugly. When my home made table bites the dust or I get sick of looking at it I will be getting a Challenger. Everything lines up nicely, door latching mechanisms close solidly, slides work well, storage space seems well thought out. I'd say do it.
  • dlk7
    They are really easy to keep clean too.  I spray on a little Pledge multi surface and wipe off with a paper towel.  I wish the wood nest wings on my other XL cleaned up like brand new after I spill something on them.

Waunakee, WI

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Simply love mine. All the storage and easy upkeep with the ability to move around freely
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • hondabbq
    How lolng have both of you had them for?
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    That's the exact same one I'm looking at at my dealers Alton. He's got a $1350 price tag on it, hoping he puts it on sale at some point.
  • dlk7
    I've had mine since March 2012.  I was going to buy a wood table but my wife saw one that a local dealer was using for demonstrations.  It was stained and pretty nasty looking because they didn't seal it.  She said that if I was spending a lot of cash for a great grill, I should also have a table for it that looks good all of the time. 

Waunakee, WI

• Evilsports
    Evilsports Posts: 37
    hondabbq said:

I am considering one of these tables seeing as I live in Canada and cant find anything here that covers all the bases these do.

I work in the restaurant business and even went so far as to get a quote from a supplier here for a custom table. $$$$$.

Obviously living far away I cant touch or see them in person. There isn't even one close to the border for me to plan a weekend trip for a peek.

I am sure there are a few eggers on here that own or know of someone who has one. Please relay the good/bad and ugly about these tables. I am looking to get the 48" one.

Can you let me know what you decide?  I'm in SK and am seriously thinking about ordering one as well.  The shipping is what gets me, I'm actually considering driving south and picking a table up myself instead of having it shipped.
  • erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505
    They seem very well built.  The construction company I work for happens to be a BGE dealer and we recently started selling the Challenger Tables.  We have sold a couple.  No complaints that I have heard of.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    I looked at one at my dealers but they were pretty pricey, I went with the SST table from Castle Stoves. Shipping would kill you though
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911

That's the exact same one I'm looking at at my dealers Alton. He's got a $1350 price tag on it, hoping he puts it on sale at some point.

?1,350 is not that bad I guess. I need something soon as all my egg reworked all over the house is not going wel and I am actually forgetting where things are.

Garnerville, NY