Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egger in Pittsburgh

Options
trup0241
trup0241 Posts: 35
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hello all (or Y'inz as they say around here).  I recently got a Large BGE and have been cooking up a storm on it (pork butts, briskets, ribs, whole turkeys, swordfish, etc).  Although I haven't taken many pictures I have one from a cook a few weeks ago.  I did an over-under with a pork butt and packer brisket.  I am one of the new guys that got in on the grill extender and am looking forward to doing the over-under again without the packer hitting both grates.  I attached a picture of them right after it went on the grill.  I smoked it with a mixture of cherry and peach.

The next set of pictures are of a small beef rump roast (~1.75lb and 2" thick, a slice most likely).  I put a rub of ground espresso, brown sugar, tien tsin peppers and garlic.  It was smoked (225ish at the grate) for about an hour and a half until it reached 130 IT.  Let it stand for 20 minutes and sliced it thin.  I haven't done a rump roast yet and was impressed.

Looking forward to more adventures!

trup0241

Pittsburgh, PA

Comments