Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to buy wire cloth?

bobbymcGbobbymcG Posts: 13
Building a BBQ island and need to add vents as the gas grill (blasphemy!) will be LP. I've been suggested to use wire cloth behind the vents to help keep critters out. I live in the Central TX area. Anyone have a suggestion as to where I can purchase SS wire cloth and get it cut to the size of the vents?
·

Comments

• cookinfuncookinfun Posts: 129
    I cn suggest ordering from either McMaster catalog or other metal fabrication sources.  You  can get it in a vast amount of "open" area spacing, meaning the holes.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
    ·
  • CajunEggHeadCajunEggHead Posts: 189
    Most any hardware store will have it try Ace and see what they have.....
    :)]

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • demodemo Posts: 145
    Wal Mart sells wire cooking grates for seafood ect. in the garden dept. with the BBQ stuff.
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    The Internet ....Check this out on AMZN: 304 Stainless Steel Mesh Sheet, Unpolished (Mill) Finish, Meets ASTM E2016-06 Specifications, 12" Width, 1...
    http://amzn.com/B005H3GJLE
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • bobbymcGbobbymcG Posts: 13
    i guess my google-fu leaves a lot to be desired. thanks so much! I think I'll go with what you suggested, @double. i appreciate the help. most of what i'd looked at previously was just too much material.
    ·