Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New Guy With XL Egg and Table

Ok so here's my back story... I've wanted a BGE for years and years, but I had a great charcoal grill and a vertical smoker that were still in good condition. Finally this was the year that my trusty old reliable grill rusted to the point of no return. I turned 35 at the end of April, and my wife went and got me the XL and a bunch of other gadgets to go with it for my birthday. She's a real keeper ;) It took a few days to figure out the direction I wanted to go with my table, and using some of the very basic measurements from this site and incorporating my own wants into the design, here is what I came up with. It is considerably larger than the cypress Egg table, mine comes in at 36"x60". I'm still trying to figure out a way to incorporate the umbrella mount onto the table, I need to find some hooks for my tools, and I have to get a bottle opener with a catch can, but for the most part it's done. 

Here is the basic framing, treated pine and cedar. The wheels are a little puny, they've been replaced already

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.
·

Comments

• I can't figure out how to get multiple pics on one post so I'll just spread it out

Put 1/2" cement board on top and got my hole cut. Had to make sure the size was right before I went any further. 

imageimage

·
  • Laid down some slate and got it grouted in

imageimage

·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    Looks very good.  Congrats on the birthday gift and yep, she's a keeper.

Now get to cooking some good food on that egg so she says the same thing about you. :-)

·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    I especially like that you allocated a spot for a cold beer!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited May 2013
    Wrapped the edges and started cooking! I didn't want to wait any longer to use it so the pics here don't show it completely sealed, it is now though. 

My apprentice is always nearby 

·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 661
    Looks good. Welcome and hope you enjoy your egg!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • that_dude_Davethat_dude_Dave Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    CharlieTN said:
    Looks very good.  Congrats on the birthday gift and yep, she's a keeper.

Now get to cooking some good food on that egg so she says the same thing about you. :-)

so far I've smoked a turkey, made steaks a couple times, smoked a 10 pound pork loin, and baked a pulled pork pizza with pork from the smoked loin

imageimage

·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Awesome looking table and good looking cooks! Welcome Dave!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • I also made the table much taller than the BGE one, I think my table height is at 38" which works well from me since I'm 6'2. 32" just wasn't gonna cut it

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,875
    Very nice man! Table looks amazing. Welcome to the madness. 

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    Very good looking cooks.  Bet she'll keep you around.  LOL

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 598
    Welcome. Yes wife is a keeper. Great looking table and food also.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • cajunrphcajunrph Posts: 44
    Great ideas again. Great table and over lucky guy to have such a thoughtful wife. 
    LBGE, 
    Redneck Country Club
    Columbia Lakes
    West Columbia, Tx
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,384
    I really like that. Welcome and congrats on the xl.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 360
    Great work!
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,856
    Welcome. I have the same lodge pizza pan but use it as a griddle and place my skillet on top as a grease guard.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·