Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egger in Pittsburgh

trup0241trup0241 Posts: 35
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hello all (or Y'inz as they say around here).  I recently got a Large BGE and have been cooking up a storm on it (pork butts, briskets, ribs, whole turkeys, swordfish, etc).  Although I haven't taken many pictures I have one from a cook a few weeks ago.  I did an over-under with a pork butt and packer brisket.  I am one of the new guys that got in on the grill extender and am looking forward to doing the over-under again without the packer hitting both grates.  I attached a picture of them right after it went on the grill.  I smoked it with a mixture of cherry and peach.

The next set of pictures are of a small beef rump roast (~1.75lb and 2" thick, a slice most likely).  I put a rub of ground espresso, brown sugar, tien tsin peppers and garlic.  It was smoked (225ish at the grate) for about an hour and a half until it reached 130 IT.  Let it stand for 20 minutes and sliced it thin.  I haven't done a rump roast yet and was impressed.

Looking forward to more adventures!

trup0241

Pittsburgh, PA
·

Comments

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    Welcome.  Contact NolaEgghead for your welcome kit.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    welcome to the forum , nice cooks 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Look like that will make some good sandwiches with the leftovers. Welcome to the forum!
    ·
  • freedog74freedog74 Posts: 62
    Welcome to the forum.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Welcome aboard, looks like you have a good start.  Pittsburgh is a great city - good people!
    ·
  • trup0241trup0241 Posts: 35
    Thanks everyone.  Pittsburgh is great, I have lived here the last 7 years and love it!

@GA_Dawgs... fortunately, there is some for sandwiches to get me through the next cook either tomorrow or sunday.
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,675
    Welcome aboard.  Great way to jump right in. 
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • PgheggerPghegger Posts: 19
    Pittsburgh here too. Looking to buy an egg. Where did you pick yours up at? Any good deals in the area?
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Welcome. Did those sandwiches have fries , cole slaw and a fried egg on top?
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Welcome aboard and Go Steelers!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Looking good sir, welcome. The more pics you send the better it is for me to get ideas for cooks. 
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 456
    Hi hi hi
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
    @PGHegger I was fortunate to get one as a gift from family (out of state).  I haven't been to local dealers in Pittsburgh, there aren't too many, which is a bummer.

@Tjcoley The first round didn't, but the second just might have to.  I need to mix up some slaw.

I have a pork butt in the fridge now with a rub waiting to go on the egg tomorrow.  I'll update with pics and description when I am done.
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ·
  • Welcome to the group. I lived in Imperial for a few years while I worked in Conway.

Go Pens!
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    Welcome from the state immediately to the south. As yinz say, jump right in. Da crik wudder is fine!
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Sorry about the Pens tonight - hopefully will do better next time.
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    @pghegger, if your need of something look me up.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • PgheggerPghegger Posts: 19
    @cgw1 left you a message, please get back to me. Thanks
    ·
    @CGW1 next time I am east of the city I will stop on by your place.
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ·
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    @trup0241 sounds good. Looking forward to meeting you.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·