Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couple of recent cooks from a relative newbie

Options
Almost a year into my BGE purchase and I couldn't be happier.  I'm not a good cook by any stretch, but this thing makes it damn near fool proof.  A couple of recent cooks:

Baby back ribs (I'm getting better each time).  Was also making a pot roast, which turned out so-so:

Pizza.  Still struggle with the transition to the pizza stone:

Beef tenderloin.  Expensive, so I was a little scared about this one.  Only thing I'd do differently next time is ease up on the hickory.  It came out a little over-smoked:

Being the only omnivore in a house full of vegetarians means I freeze a lot of individual portions of my cooks for mid-week meals.  I heated up some of my left over, frozen tenderloin in the microwave for just a minute, then added to a skillet where I was sauteing some onions in butter/worcestshire sauce.  Made the best sandwich I've ever had:

Being the only one eating this, I sometimes run out of ideas on what to do with the frozen leftovers.  Tonight my wife was making Chinese steamed buns, and I know they're often served with pork in the middle.  I had one portion of frozen pulled pork left over from a cook a couple of weeks ago.  Thawed it, chopped it to a little finer consistency and added a little soy sauce before putting inside some of the buns.  Delicious!:

I like my Looftlighter a lot, but WTF!  This happened about two weeks ago as I was lighting the charcoal for some burgers.  

Comments