Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Garlic spread

I was thinking about taking a head of garlic and place it in foil with some EVOO, salt and pepper. Maybe an hour in the egg. Has any one done anything like that. It will be indirect and on the top level of the swing grate.

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Get a large head of elephant garlic and roast it indirect for a log while. Great stuff. In foil of course
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited June 2013
    Do all the time. I use a half doz heads of reg garlic. Place on foil, cutoff top and coat with EVOO and sea salt at about 375/400 direct raised or indirect. Also place when cutting off grill, works as well. Takes about 40 min. By in foil I just make a boat for to sit with low sides.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Mickey said:
    Do all the time. I use a half doz heads of reg garlic. Place on foil, cutoff top and coat with EVOO and sea salt at about 375/400 direct raised or indirect. Also place when cutting off grill, works as well. Takes about 40 min. By in foil I just make a boat for to sit with low sides.
    this is what i do a touch of smoke is delightful on the garlic.
  • cookinfun
    cookinfun Posts: 129
    I do Mickey's method, great stuff.  Garlic is considered " purifying" ...well I feel pure next day...lol.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    cookinfun said:

I do Mickey's method, great stuff.  Garlic is considered " purifying" ...well I feel pure next day...lol.

Keeps away pesky vampires too.