Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well well well

Options
13»

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I can only imagine what Centex and @travisstrick would do with a precooked brisket. Dear lord the rushed alcohol consumption to get to dinner time would be epic.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • TEggSun
    TEggSun Posts: 244
    Options
    Thanks, @cazzy.  I was assuming they were raw briskets.  I haven't purchased them any other way.  Sorry for the confusion.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I can only imagine what Centex and @travisstrick would do with a precooked brisket. Dear lord the rushed alcohol consumption to get to dinner time would be epic.

I've had a few. Been a long time but I'm sure I'll hit it again before I die.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • hoffmand
    hoffmand Posts: 105
    Options
    Scored two at the 620/2222 HEB this morning. They had one more left as of 10:00. Thanks, fellas!
    Cedar Park, TX
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013
    Options
    hoffmand said:

Scored two at the 620/2222 HEB this morning. They had one more left as of 10:00. Thanks, fellas!

You should have bought all 3

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    The military has a "brisket entree" MRE. I refuse to eat one. It looks like dog food.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    thanks for the heads up....

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    The military has a "brisket entree" MRE. I refuse to eat one. It looks like dog food.
    Agree with you. But have been surprised with the "new" flavors of the MREs. Some actually had a taste to them. That or I was way too hungry.
    :D

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• hoffmand
    edited June 2013
    Options
    cazzy said:

hoffmand said:

They had a limit of 2 per person. I think I heard them talking about some guy smelling of smoke and whiskey who tried to buy all of them yesterday... :)
    Cedar Park, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    hoffmand said:
    They had a limit of 2 per person. I think I heard them talking about some guy smelling of smoke and whiskey who tried to buy all of them yesterday... :)
    Joke's on you @hoffmand. I was drinking vodka yesterday. 

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Aviator said:
    Agree with you. But have been surprised with the "new" flavors of the MREs. Some actually had a taste to them. That or I was way too hungry. 
    :D
    Actually, we ate C-rations in my day, and some of them were very good. Trading meals was a favorite passtime.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    The whsky is permanent

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    The whsky is permanent
    fair enough. 

• hoffmand
    Options
    I called the other HEBs around here and no one else had CAB briskets, just 620 and 2222. Parmer & 1431, 620 & Anderson Mill, 183 and Lakeline sounded like they never had them. The 183 one had prime for $3.99 but I passed on those.
    Cedar Park, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There are reasons why we are still a part of the union...

@Aviator: I figured it was a smartphone typo... or that i was being berated for getting to HEB too damn late! :)

[lost the first reply to the approval grinch, so have to repost].

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This is an obvious vast liberal left wing conspiracy.  I was able to find the original photograph (before it was photoshopped), and I am posting it here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Who's on first??? :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.