Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First brisket cooked.....I feel like I have given birth

Cooked @225 for 10hrs or so, foiled for the last 3 hrs just because I was afraid we were never going to eat...overall great meat but the bark wasn't what I expected.....maybe because I foiled it but I didn't seem to stick to the meat as I wanted...Can't wait to go at her again!!!
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,822
    You can fix that by not cooking at 225. That's way too low for an egg cook. Try 250-300. I did my last one at 280 and it was great.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Looks good. Where did you get it i'm just south of ottawa and haven't tried one yet
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 681
    I did one at 275-280 today and the bark came out great,, didn't foil it...just let the brisket be the brisket.
    ·
  • SensFanSensFan Posts: 41
    Sweet thanks I am going to try that for sure and I forgot to add MAN I LOVE MY EGG....and I got the beef at lavergne western beef in navan
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,752
    225* is to low to cook unless you are retired and have nothing better to do.  Agree with @travisstrick you need to be above 250* at least. Nothing wrong with the product from today though. Welcome, and always post your cooks.  The rest of us need inspiration.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • BeerIAmBeerIAm Posts: 21
    mmmmm......brisket. 

My head is spinning now with all these things I want to cook!
    ·
  • BeerIAmBeerIAm Posts: 21
    Where are my manners?  Congratulations on your little one.  He is very handsome.
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 681
    Thank you @beeriam - I too forgot to congratulate the proud papa - nice work!,
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,628
    Nice job, I love the Brisket.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • JSobotkinJSobotkin Posts: 30
    Nice!

XLg BGE - JANUARY 2013

Spare rib anyone? – Adam

·