Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adj Rig???

I am goin to order one prolly tonight Which combo are you guys using? I am thinkin the oval and sliding. What say you?
I am wanting tone able to cook whatever meat I am cooking and still be able to flip and put veggies or whatever side I want on top.

I am also lookin at the spider and one of Tom's woks for my large and looking for any input from you guys.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I just got all of it. It was a good choice. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    I just recieved the oval sliding grid setup and think its great.Get an extra oval grid tho to use along with the stone and spider set-up!! Quality stuff for sure!!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    @CANMAN1976 - please explain the extra stuff. I know I can call Tom but I want first hand from the guys in the trenches

analyze adapt overcome

• CANMAN1976
    While i may not classify as a "man in the trenches" yet as i don't have my egg just yet but I do know that the 13" stone  and spider make for a set-up that allows for three level cooking up on the rig.I love my sliding D grid and the extra oval grid makes ribs very easy!!! Who doesn't love ribs eh?

• CANMAN1976
    @CANMAN1976 - please explain the extra stuff. I know I can call Tom but I want first hand from the guys in the trenches.

Check this out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvHPjLCsREw

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    I'd suggest oval grids, both the long "rib" stone and the the thirteen inch stone to put down on the spider. Basically buy it all. I don't have the "rib" stone yet but if you have any interest in doing packer briskets it looks to be the best option.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    I just got all of it. It was a good choice. 
    travisstrick what do you mean, You just got all of it? Everything for the AR or what? Madgine it was a bunch of $'s. I talked to Tom this week and asked him about buyin a complete set and he said they don't offer one so I would madgin a guy would have to buy a combo set then add everything else? So I take it you have everything for an AR could you pse PM me ur list???? I do like the idea of having everything to do whatever I need to do

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited June 2013
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    @travisstrick- any pics of your set up? I want to do this one time and it sounds like you have what I want to buy.

analyze adapt overcome

• cookinfun
    cookinfun Posts: 129
    I have two of the ARs, oval setup, with the extender, and oval ceramic, grease ring, and extra grids.  I can't even begin to say how well they work or how versatile.  The oval works for all, was designed for briskets, ribs, long stuff.  Tom , at Ceramic Grill ?, was quite helpful in steering me in the purchases, limiting my wrong or excessive buys.

Cleanup is a breeze, either I put the egg on full fire, or mostly just transfer to an adjacent grill, covering with foil, and 15 min later...clean.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited June 2013
    I second for pics of guys setup and equip. It can get confusing on the cgs website as to whats a what. I have it pretty figured out now but see others always asking as well. ( the extra cross bars, slide guides) got my head spinning as to what does one really get with the combo and what does one really need.

I know canman had a nice pic of his setup and all included in another thread.
    Seattle, WA
  • dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    SkinnyV said

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• cookinfun
    cookinfun Posts: 129
    Ok,I'll try to get pics of the ARs, but I recommend calling Tom at CGW, he has been very helpful in the setups, he apparently does not want anyone to buy to much, ie start slow.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)