Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Charity drive

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
http://www.operationbbqrelief.org/ I hope I haven't over stepped my bounds, but... After we discussed giving over the past few days it looked like we were going in 7 different directions. I humbly propose we start with the operation bbq relief. It's an outstanding group and cause. They provide a great service to victims in very trying times.

I reached out to Jeff Smith of Big Creek Bbq. One of the founders and director of media and advertising. He is looking into us making personal donations with our forum being a tag do we can get a total of our contributions.

100% of donations go directly into the cause. No salaries are taken. Around 75% goes directly to providing meals for storm victims and 25% to things like tents, equipment upkeep, advertising, etc.. They have received awards for their being an above board charity.

Please visit their website and Google articles about their history and projects. If anyone has reservation about choosing this group please comment or pm me.

Without goals we have nothing to aim at. I'm over the top on everything I do but I'm thinking a 2 month drive, starting when I hear from Jeff and we get "our" fund arranged. I still don't have a clear number on our members but think $15-$20k is possible. 300 people at $60 per is $18k which will feed a large number of storm victims. That's $1 a day for a few months. I realize some can give more and some less... And some will give more and some less. That information will be private. I will be in no way involved other than being in touch with OBR and keeping our folks updated.

If a member of the original forum would like to present this idea to them that would be great although I don't feel a "giving competition" would be productive. You could also arrange donations at your place of employment, church, neighborhood, etc..

Again, I want to reiterate... Your donation will be directly to OBR, tax deductible, private and only be tallied so we know if we hit our goal.

We are blessed to be a blessing and I would say we're pretty darn blessed. Put yourself and family in the shoes of these victims and it'll be easy to get involved. We can sign up to volunteer in person.

Sincerely,

Tony

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments