Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time I have seen this Therapen

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013
    Oh wow...I want!!!!

Comes in red, white, or blue. I have the red one, but the blue with the green backlit looks niiiiiice.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • mb99zz
    mb99zz Posts: 183
    That would pretty much solve the only thing I don't like about my thermapen.   It would make things easier at night for sure.  
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Yea , I know and I'm pissed. Just ordered my first Thermapen on Monday and this one was not yet realesed X(
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    @Alton I understand. I got away with getting two, no way in hell to explain the third one.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Must...have...willpower
    Greensboro, NC
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I'm actually much more interested in the TW8060, shown on the same page.  It boasts "professional thermocouples" (marketing, I know) but the crap probes on the Maverick are driving me nuts, I'm ready for something better. 
    Anyone have experience with it?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Alton said:
    Yea , I know and I'm pissed. Just ordered my first Thermapen on Monday and this one was not yet realesed X(
    Hey @Alton ... If its any difference, here's their return policy.  You'll lose shipping, but if you want it that bad - you have an option!

Returns:
    Returns for credit are only accepted from the original purchaser and only if the product is purchased direct from ThermoWorks. All warranty claims will be handled by ThermoWorks, regardless of where the item was purchased. In all cases a return authorization number is required. You can get one by calling our toll-free number. Write this number on the outside of the shipping box.

We do not have a "buy-and-try" allowance policy. It is the responsibility of the customer to determine suitability of a product prior to placing the unit in service.

Unused products may be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund, minus shipping charges. All boxes, packaging materials, accessories, manuals and certificates must be in new, re-sellable condition or a fee equal to the cost of the damaged and/or missing item(s) will be deducted from the refunded amount. Be sure to ship in a carton that protects the original item box or package. We suggest you insure the package for the full value. Used or damaged equipment may not be returned for a refund. Credits are not issued until the goods are received and inspected at ThermoWorks. It may take up to two weeks to process credits.

The request for a return authorization number must be made within 30 calendar days of the purchase and the return shipment must be made promptly after that.

Note that original shipping charges are not refunded unless the return is a result of our error. If you have ordered correctly and we have shipped the wrong item, we will pay to return the item to ThermoWorks or we will send a delivery service to pickup the item at our expense.

Items missing or damaged in shipment must be reported within 2 business days of receipt of shipment.

http://www.thermoworks.com/buy/#ReturnPolicy

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Alton said:
    Hey @Alton ... If its any difference, here's their return policy.  You'll lose shipping, but if you want it that bad - you have an option!

Returns:
    Returns for credit are only accepted from the original purchaser and only if the product is purchased direct from ThermoWorks. All warranty claims will be handled by ThermoWorks, regardless of where the item was purchased. In all cases a return authorization number is required. You can get one by calling our toll-free number. Write this number on the outside of the shipping box.

We do not have a "buy-and-try" allowance policy. It is the responsibility of the customer to determine suitability of a product prior to placing the unit in service.

Unused products may be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund, minus shipping charges. All boxes, packaging materials, accessories, manuals and certificates must be in new, re-sellable condition or a fee equal to the cost of the damaged and/or missing item(s) will be deducted from the refunded amount. Be sure to ship in a carton that protects the original item box or package. We suggest you insure the package for the full value. Used or damaged equipment may not be returned for a refund. Credits are not issued until the goods are received and inspected at ThermoWorks. It may take up to two weeks to process credits.

The request for a return authorization number must be made within 30 calendar days of the purchase and the return shipment must be made promptly after that.

Note that original shipping charges are not refunded unless the return is a result of our error. If you have ordered correctly and we have shipped the wrong item, we will pay to return the item to ThermoWorks or we will send a delivery service to pickup the item at our expense.

Items missing or damaged in shipment must be reported within 2 business days of receipt of shipment.

http://www.thermoworks.com/buy/#ReturnPolicy

Yep, this is an option...still a pain Thanks
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Did some looking around on the ThermoWorks site; at $59 each their thermocouple probes must be higher quality!   :-O

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    This BGE thing is a racket! Does the spending ever cease?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Nope.....and that is why we love the Egg so much. :)
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I'm all over this!
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I'm so done, in going back to my microwave for all my cooks.
    All accessories are already in a microwave.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I have used their RT600c and like it a lot. Thermapen wasn't backlit, so I didn't see muvch point in upgrading. But I may not be able to hold off any longer! If it only had a timer/alarm it would be absolutely irrestible.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • For the extra money they want for this, I'll stick with my basic $89 model.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    My wife was not too thrilled with my first 100$ thermopen :-S

But this one sure is nice!!! Glad to see the upgrade, but can't pull the trigger right now.

XLBGE 
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593

My wife doesn't know I have a $100.00 thermapen.She thinks I have a $25.00 thermometer.

Little white lies are Ok right!!!!

;)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

My wife doesn't know I have a $100.00 thermapen.She thinks I have a $25.00 thermometer.

Little white lies are Ok right!!!!

;)
    I can't remember where, but one of the bbq forums I haunt has a member whose signature reads something like " my biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my toys for what  I told her they cost."

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

A couple of years ago, I heard it expressed very well; a parody on the old line "What is a boat?  A boat is a hole in the water into which you dump money!"  "Well, a BGE is a hole in your deck/patio into which you dump lots of money!"

And love it!   

$-)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon