Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to find brisket - Chicago

Can anyone help with places in the Chicagoland area (western burbs) that carry full packer brisket?

I checked Sam's and some other places, but they only carry the flat.

Thanks for the help.
·

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,610
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, I can't answer your question but will suggest that you ask the butcher at your local grocery store if he will order one for you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    ·
  • specmatspecmat Posts: 3
    Where are you located in the western burbs?. Costco only carrys flats I get mine at resturant depot
    ·
  • specmatspecmat Posts: 3
    specmat said:
    Where are you located in the western burbs?. Costco only carrys flats I get mine at resturant depot

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,450
    Ask the butcher- they maybe breaking them down there and maybe able to provide the full packer
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 245
    You might try Gordon Food Service...I see they have locations in Chicago. I just came back from a GFS in metro Detroit area and got a 10.5 pound brisket...labelled as "New Item"
    ·