Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Grid Extender Group Buy - UPDATE

EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,570
Shipping is getting into full swing(get it) today. They are being shipped Priority mail so I expect that they will begin arriving early next week.

To any one that is still planning on ordering...

PayPal has been riding my butt about the transfers. If you want to order one, please mark the transfer as "goods and services" instead of "friends and family". This will cause me to be charged a fee of $1.03 per $25(2.9% plus $0.30). People that already submitted payment have nothing to worry about. I would appreciate if anyone else purchasing could add an extra dollar to your transfer and I'll eat the rest of the cost. Just make sure to mark that you are "buying goods and services".

Thanks all for your interest in this!

Comments

• AviatorAviator Posts: 1,544

Outstanding @eggcelsior. Sorry, I had taken the liberty of calling fortoday was you and a troll. Just jestin.

I will send a wee bit more to cover my triple order and for some else as well.

Thanks for what you and MCN have done.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,343
    Bump

XLBGE 
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 716
    Eggcelsior - I will run another transaction and send a few bucks to defray some of the extra PayPal charges - a small pay it forward gesture - I could use some good egg karma going into the weekend.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,135

I believe I checked friends and family, I must have miss read the instructions. Please let me know if I need to cover any extra expense.

Chuck

cking2@wowway.com

• AcnAcn Posts: 1,087

Eggcelsior - I will run another transaction and send a few bucks to defray some of the extra PayPal charges - a small pay it forward gesture - I could use some good egg karma going into the weekend.

+1, if it works to defray some of your out of pocket costs I can do that as well tomorrow or Sunday. With as much work as you put in organizing this, you really shouldn't have to eat any costs.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,570
    @spaightlabs, thanks

@Grillmagic, You are fine. You read it right, Paypal is just making me change.
    @spaightlabs
    Stand up guy!

XLBGE 
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774

Eggcelsior after all your hard work you should not have to "cover" anything. I ordered two I'll send you another five. Still an excellent, I mean EGGcelent deal.

Thanks again,

Tim

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    Bump

XLBGE 
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,135
    I sent 30 dollars to help defray his costs and clicked the friends and family thing as well because I didn't read this thread and digest it before sending.  So this is another bump post. Sorry guys, my bad.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,788
    When I sent mine in (and screwed it up, but that's not important), I checked the box that had me paying the fee.  Only fair, considering how good a deal it is and how much work has been put into it. 
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jetmechjetmech Posts: 75
    You have to love how when PayPal gets beat they start throwing a tantrum. I loathe PayPal anymore but have used them pretty much since the inception.
  • FortodayFortoday Posts: 94
    Thanks for all the goods. I'll pocket the money now. Bump
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Will the supplier eat those costs? It seems only fair since you are bringing him thousands of dollars in business and he is giving this deal to get his name out there. I'll pay more too. How much do you have to eat?
    Mark Annville, PA
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,742
    Bought earlier today, didn't include my handle

I am Vin located in Seattle. Thanks.
    Seattle, WA
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,172
    I'm with the others. Can I still send you some extra $ after the deadline? Its not right for you to be out some cash after setting this up for the rest of us.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 506
    Agreed, you shouldn't have to cover anyone. Let us know the damage and we can make it right.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• WiltOnTiltWiltOnTilt Posts: 102
    I was a bit afraid of this and almost said something a couple days ago when I put the order in. PayPal can be a real b**** to deal with. So many horror stories. What exactly are they telling you regarding the fees for the first x orders that were sent without the fee? Are they demanding the fees be taken out or only for orders after a certain date? How much are they saying you owe them? Lets get the community to make this right so you don't have to eat the costs.
  • jetmechjetmech Posts: 75
    They shouldn't **** about anything, they got their fee from me when I did friends and family and agreed to pay the fee
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 716
    If anyone wants to help defray the Pain Pal expenses just send 5 or 10 bucks to the same address you sent your payment to. Won't take many folks sending a few bucks to cover the damage.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    bump
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,345
    I was one of the early payments...what do I owe bro?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,172
    @Eggcelsior: I sent you some extra money to cover the surcharge for a few orders. Sorry, I meant to do this over the weekend. 

Thanks again to you and MCN for organizing this. I'm sorry i forgot the 3rd member involved in this, but thanks to all of you. You put together a smooth operation!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ericpericp Posts: 152
    Just sent 28.00. Thank you very much!!!!
  • ericpericp Posts: 152
    Just saw I should have sent a few more dollars. Is it ok to send some more??
  • Hey, Are shipments still going out?  I paid on May 29th.  Thanks.  Looking forward to getting it set up
    Suwanee Georgia - suburb north of Atlanta
  • ThecoimanThecoiman Posts: 56
    Question- I got busy and missed the group buy dead line. How and who can I contact to order. I understand I will most likely have to pay more but will teach me to pay more attention. Thanks in advance
    Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
    @Thecoiman

You can still order through me.
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 236
    @eggcelsior Are you still taking any orders?
    Southern Indiana
    @letz4wheel

Yes, you can.