Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need another Egg

robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
Ok this is ridiculous. I am cooking two pork butts at the moment. Sitting out here I am gettin really hungry with he smell and I do no want to cook anything in the house. I think I forgo how to. Wife is bringing pizza home soon I hope. If I had a second egg then I could cook something else. Plus I have so much food to cook tomorrow I need more space. Chicken legs, pig shots, moink balls, and what ever else in a limited amount of time. May have to break down and fire up the old weber gasser as well.

I am thinking a new small would be nice.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I like the way you think
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    @robnybbq I really hope that means that you have gotten some techniques and cooks figured out, if I remember correct the last time I heard from you there were issues.  Really hope you've gotten things resolved because we can always use another good cook around here.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Scott. Yes I did with the help of you guys. Now understanding allot more and want next to get creative.

Garnerville, NY
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Awesome what a different post than a few months ago! Good job
    Lynnwood WA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I love my egg, but I see nothing wrong with using the gasser in a pinch. Actually, I use mine for veggies and taters all the time. The stuff that really counts, the meat, always goes in the egg. Hot dogs sometimes on the gasser, but as SWMBO says, it is debatable if wieners are really meat. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    A second egg is nice...I have a large and small.  To be honest, I don't use them both at the same time as much as I thought I would.  You got a rig right?  Open her up and throw some sausage on the the top rung along with those butts! ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• If I was going to get a second, I'd go for a medium.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Large-small is a great combo.
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    XL here.  I have the same wish.  Small to help out with quick small cooks or to cook on when my XL is taken up for bigger cooks.

Here's hoping Father's Day is gracious!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665

@robnybbq I really hope that means that you have gotten some techniques and cooks figured out, if I remember correct the last time I heard from you there were issues.  Really hope you've gotten things resolved because we can always use another good cook around here.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this is the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. It was just a month or two you were having extreme egging woes. Hopefully you've got all the bugs worked out.

That being said, a small is an amazing tool, I'd skip the medium (not as many toys).

XLBGE 
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016

I need another Egg

Yes you do, for sure lol. If you do go for it, I am sure you will enjoy it. I have a large and small. The small works great for just the two of us, and we take it camping, to the lake, etc. Give the small some consideration.
    All the best
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    My small w a High-Que grate hits 600 +degrees pretty quick, I'm not mobile w it cos I had back surgery in Nov. Its great when u have a cpl of chicken breasts, steaks or ABT's, etc.