Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who is Going to the Toronto EggFest, June 1st?

Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum

So who is going to this on Saturday and how will I know you? Me and the family will be there. I don't want to post a picture of myself because I think it's more fun to say this: You will know it's me when you see me.

Little Steven is cooking so I know I'll meet him. I don't know what he looks like, so I'll go by what I know. He's short and will probably be drinking therefore I shall look for a leprechaun. Who else will be there?

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Sorry fred Wont make that eggfest will be at eggs by the chesapeake though Lookin forward to it Itll be my first eggfest Only have had my egg for a few months
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited May 2013
    I'll be there Fred, with my wife and (maybe) my 18 yr. old step-daughter (unless she gets a better offer).

There's a couple of pictures of LS on this page (at the bottom of the page).

Looking forward to meeting you and your family. What activities did you settle on for Sunday?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I will be there with my 8 year old son and one of his pals.

You can click on my avatar photo to see if you can make us out...though we wont be sitting in the hot tub at the fest!
  • jimfastcar
    jimfastcar Posts: 88
    I will be there with Mrs fastcar
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959

You will know it's me when you see me.

I'm sure you will blend in.  I'll just look for Wilma.  I know she'll stand out.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Fred19Flintstone

I'll be there Fred, with my wife and (maybe) my 18 yr. old step-daughter (unless she gets a better offer).

There's a couple of pictures of LS on this page (at the bottom of the page).

Looking forward to meeting you and your family. What activities did you settle on for Sunday?
    I asked Wilma this morning what she wanted to do on Sunday because Saturday is my day. "I don't know. I thought you were picking. What are my choices?"

We run a very tight ship here.
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    @Fred19Flintsone... here's what I suggested the first time around  :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Mine self and her self will be there; the vivacious Gabriella.  There was a pic of her from the 2nd Dickson's fest guzzling an oyster but can't find that anywhere,  She'll be the one asking for all the recipes.  I'll be the one dragging her away from the on site store as I don't think Dickson's has anymore eggsessories available she hasn't bought over the past two years.  Looking forward to meeting fellow eggers.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    When are you heading back Freddie?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    We're planning on spending Sunday and limping home either LATE Sunday or if really having fun, Monday morning.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    You are more than welcome for dinner on Sunday. I'm a bit off of your route but you can stay over

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    @gabriegger - I'll have to try to keep Wilma away from the vivacious Gabriella so she doesn't learn how to shop till I drop. I'm the big spender in our family. We're looking forward to meeting you!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone

You are more than welcome for dinner on Sunday. I'm a bit off of your route but you can stay over

Thanks LS. I'll check with the boss today. You prolly don't want to lug my lump if not necessary.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    edited May 2013
    It's in my truck either way. We have a 15 year old daughter if that lines up with your daughter's age.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    Ours are 18 & 5. BTW, splendid idea. You are an idea man after all.
    Flint, Michigan
  • ReldtiCDN
    ReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    Was  hoping to make both Toronto and Niagara but have to work both weekends to pay for meat. Wife said grocery spending has risen since I got my egg LOL
    Brampton, Ontario

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    I'll be there with a couple of buddies who have only sampled a few things off the Egg. They are pretty excited to see what this is all about.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    @Fred19Flintstone - noted.  We'll have to see how that works out.  Gabriella has been talking this up all week long.  Wonder if Dickson's has a parental lock app available?

• Fred19Flintstone
    I don't know how I managed it, but we're going to the Hockey Hall of Fame on Sunday.  Wilma was concerned about two straight days walking around in the sun.  Ever the helpful and supportive husband, I offered that the Hockey Hall of Fame is indoors out of the sun.  Oh yeah!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Still in the area, going up the CN Tower is an experience. Especially if you're willing to stand on a glass floor staring down at the pavement 1,122' below. Not like you'll be very hungry, but Wayne Gretzky's Restaraunt is also close by. It's like a mini HHOF in itself.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Kesali
    Kesali Posts: 2
    My husband & I will be there. This will be our first eggfest. My husband has been talking about purchasing a BGE for a few years and is finally taking the plunge. We can't decide between a large or extra large so really looking forward to see the difference in person. Can't wait to sample some food and make our purchase.
  • Fred19Flintstone

If the offer still stands and your bride hasn't said "Hell no!  We're not eating with those cavepeople!"; we would be delighted to sup with you on Sunday.  We would absolutely understand if you wish to relax Sunday after all the prep and cooking the next couple of days.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,506
    edited May 2013
    @Fred19Flintstone, I cooked the last two years at Toronto Eggfest.  Really wanted to cook again this year but due to previous conflict and delay, the contractor started our kitchen reno last weekend, it's a small kitchen but we are making lots of changes, even stripping out the old drywall and insulation.  Putting on new cabinets is the easy part.  Most finishing touches are going in this weekend so I need to be around. Still hoping I can somehow pull it off and drop in as taster and meet up old friends and make new ones!  Welcome to Toronto and have Fun!

@Gabriegger, have we met?  I was cooking tandoori chicken, and some wok dishes.

some photos from previous years ...image

canuckland
  • gabriegger
    @Canugghead - well we have spoken a few times.  2nd Dickson's Toronto fest you made mac and cheese, 3rd in passing when you were almost finished for the day and once in the aisles of Walmart in Woodbridge we were talking about Basque's Nature's Own in stock there.  Will shake your hand tomorrow and formalize if your out and about - if not, next time our paths cross.  Apologies but it is the 'Irish' in me.

• Little Steven

Gary was in Wally World????? The man owns Toronto damn

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gabriegger
    @Little Steven - That he was.  I can say three times I know of, but only once without lump in the buggy.  Looking forward to saying hullo tomorrow.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,506
    @Gabriegger, perhaps you've mistaken, I've yet to cook mac n cheese in egg, let alone at a fest.  Looks like no go for me tomorrow.  I plan to cook at Niagara Aug 11.
    canuckland
  • gabriegger
    Sorry man I am Irish and events kinda blur in time. Thinking of going to the Niagara Fest this year. Perhaps then...

• @Canugghead - I'm sorry I missed you and a little jealous of the new kitchen you're getting!  Have fun with it!
    Flint, Michigan
  • jimfastcar
    jimfastcar Posts: 88
    All the food was delicious, and thanks to the cooks for both their hard work and freely given advice !