Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Table Addition to the Family (Non Egg Related)

Options

Well, long story short the wife has wanted a bench seat, corner, dining table for a few years now. We have a hard time dropping $500-$1000 on a new dining table so we never bought one. Then yesterday we got an email from a homeschool group my wife is a part of and someone is selling some stuff, low and behold a corner bench dining table, $65. Dimensions work perfectly in our kitchen. They also had a kids train table and drawers for $40. Table needs to be refinished, but other than that I consider it a win. I could easily resell it for a couple hundred, made my wife's day (and b-day coming up).

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Nice find Fletch!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Thanks, now comes the hard part, refinishing it.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Nice. I've always liked those.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Yeah... one of those projects that seems like it's going to be fun (because of the anticipation of how great it's going to look) but quickly turns into a real PITA! Good luck.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Nice..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Options

Ever consider tiling the top with marble tiles and painting the seating area black and then getting custom sized booth cushions?  Gorgeous and comfy.  A cushioned booth is like a vacation for your hiney.

Living Large and XL

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Looks like it was made for your kitchen

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    We had a very similar table in the kitchen at my parents house when I grew up.  It looks great- like it was made for your corner. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.