Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Let's Throw It Down!!!

124»

Comments

• double said:
    So... I had a chicken neck and one piece of bacon left over...I rubbed the neck and cooked it at 400 with some chicken broth. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I had some shrimp handy for lunch today so it seemed that bacon wrapped chicken neck shrimp would be the natural evolution. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos All wrapped up... Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Direct at about 500 till bacon crisped shrimp was perfectly cooked for my taste. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos And on a plate. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    That's kind of cool. Like that. Did someone say bacon?

• pwg56pwg56 Posts: 92
    @mattman3969 that meal with all the Jamaican overtones is right up my alley. So wish I had some of that (actually all of it, including the punch!) well done!
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,860
    @pwg56 - Thanks man!!! I had a blast with this one. The rice will be made will several different dishes in the future

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    This thing was over a week ago. I pulled my pics cause my poof pastry nosedived.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    @little Steven entries had to be in by the end of today...
    Lynnwood WA
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,600
    This thing was over a week ago. I pulled my pics cause my poof pastry nosedived.
    dont be a hater....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,687
    henapple said:
    dont be a hater....
    This was his IDEA.  Remember, he is the idea guy.  If we don't let him win he'll take his ideas home and we won't know what to do next around here.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,524
    And the winner is...

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    I'm guessing @Centex I guess we are all going to get watermelons and brisket ;-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,905
    And the winner is...
    The voting lines stay open until  Thursday 5/30 at 11:59.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• allsidallsid Posts: 417
    It would have been fun for this to have had a better response from the board.  I know it got me thinking outside the box-  I hope there are more throw-down's in the future, but it will be more enjoyable if more folks participate IMHO.
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 877

@allsid, Yea I agree. I think with this forum having no sticky this keeps moving down the thread so people miss it.

On a side not it looks like @SmokeyPitts is the clear leader so far.

• allsid said:
    It would have been fun for this to have had a better response from the board.  I know it got me thinking outside the box-  I hope there are more throw-down's in the future, but it will be more enjoyable if more folks participate IMHO.
    took too long.................

edited May 2013

I did send that link to the mothership but got no reply

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1336538/#Comment_1336538

Steve 

Caledon, ON

I was hoping this didn't get bumped up again today ;)

I think it was fun a it worked out great- especially considering it was the first go round on this site.  I think we should keep it going.  I agree that perhaps on the next one we make the time frame a little shorter.  

It's a shame we can't get any response from the mothership.  It would be nice to be able to add something like this as a sticky or perhaps on that "best of" page.  I guess you gotta be a Nascar driver to get a banner. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Winner picks timing and ingredient, style and/or dish on the next one.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I was hoping this didn't get bumped up again today ;)

I think it was fun a it worked out great- especially considering it was the first go round on this site.  I think we should keep it going.  I agree that perhaps on the next one we make the time frame a little shorter.  

It's a shame we can't get any response from the mothership.  It would be nice to be able to add something like this as a sticky or perhaps on that "best of" page.  I guess you gotta be a Nascar driver to get a banner. 

If I win, raspberry salmon is next!

Isn't this the part where we announce the winner and everyone showers he or she with praise???

Isn't this the part where we announce the winner and everyone suhowers he or she with praise???

Shut up
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 877
    Winner is @SmokeyPitts, your turn to pick the throwdown dates, times, and cook.
    That's it. He was rude and I object. I'll never eat his cooking again.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,006
    I think it was successful. Sorry I didn't participate, I knew I was going to be buys and out of town. I'll try next time.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Griffin said:

I think it was successful. Sorry I didn't participate, I knew I was going to be buys and out of town. I'll try next time.

Outta town? Were you on vacation? I think the entries were taken for the entire month of May. Do make an effort, ol' boy!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

edited May 2013
    Congrats @SmokeyPitt . That dish was killer!

Congrats Smokey! Thanks for doing this @fletcherfam. I had fun and I won't do poof pastry again.

Steve 

Caledon, ON