Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Pork Chops

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

I feel like I haven't been doing my fair share of posting pic lately. Been busy and honestly not doing much exciting on the Egg. These weren't exactly exciting, either, but oh well. Originally, I had bought these and planned to grill them up for lunches. Hence the reason they were so thin. If it was for dinner, I would have gotten much thicker ones. I also didn't realize how thin they were in the package. From now on, I'm going back to the butcher to get my meat. Sprinkled on some rub I've been working on (almost there, but not quite yet) and knowing these were super thin, took the Egg up to around 700F.

About 60 seconds per side, flipped and another 60 seconds.

Think even 2 minutes might have been a bit much. They weren't overdone shoe-leather, but I think 45 seconds a side would have cut it just fine. Had a salad and some brocolli on the side. No plated up pics because honestly I wasn't even planning on posting this here, just felt like a bit of a lurker/commenter lately. Ready for this weekend to start. I'm trying out 2 new takes on spare ribs, a new version on ABTs (at least for me) and I think I'm going to make up 5lbs of breakfast sausage and 5 lbs of a cheddar bratwurst. And that will just be Saturday.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I will still come to your table friend. Those look good! Even better thinking about as couple is slices of fresh white bread and a little sauce. (Did I just say that out loud?) griff they just look good man.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Since I suffer from pareidolia, I see the back of Obama's head in the pork chop at 8 o'clock.  I wouldn't eat that, but I sure would eat the others.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Griffin
    Options

@Mickey - I thought about using your coffee rub, but got busy at work and forgot to print it out, then got busy at home cleaning, playing with the dogs and sipping bourbon on my back porch. Mayb enext time.

@Village_Idiot - you hurt my head when you use such big words. I had to look that one up.

;)

Rowlett, Texas

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Griffin said:

@Village_Idiot - you hurt my head when you use such big words. I had to look that one up.

Grif,

I try not to use big words when a diminutive one will suffice.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    DP's Raging River is good on pork chops. The maple in that rub is great with pork plus not too salty 

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    DP's Swamp Venom on pork is tasty as well. I still can't fathom a pork chop could be done in 90 second... Wow! I love the Big Green Egg.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Griffin, great cook.  You forgot to hit up the forum to follow you on Twitter
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Man, I want to be at your house this weekend! Pork chops look good.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Griffin
    Options
    Griffin said:

Grif,

I try not to use big words when a diminutive one will suffice.

#-o My head hurts more now.

@ Springram yeah, we've used it before on pork chops, steaks and salmon. Just working on putting together something by myself.

@GQuiz they were SUPER thin. I thought if I cooked them at 350-400, by the time they got any grill marks, they would be leather so I ramped it up to 700 (was probably hotter, didn't really stabilize it.

@thetrim - thanks. Still trying to figure out the whole twitter thing. people will find me if they want to, or not.

@caliking - come on up. The more the merrier. I'm also going to try and hit up Pecan Lodge around saturday morning (9:30ish?) to see how their bbq is before hitting the farmer's market for fruits and veggies. Did I mention the jalapenos for those ABTs are home grown?

Rowlett, Texas

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    Options
    Chops look great. I did some ABT's last night and used Anaheim peppers instead of jalapeños. They were big and good.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    Looks super duper, Griffen!  :-c
  • Griffin
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Looks super duper, Griffen!  :-c

So you want me to call you? I think I still got your number. Or are you doing that little Hawaiian shaka sign (hang loose)?

Rowlett, Texas