Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any cigar smokers?

2»

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 13,205
    I enjoy a good pipe... I laid mine on my bumper, forgot about it...she gone.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • TiggenTiggen Posts: 6
    Macanudo cru royale poco gordo.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,161
    Like NUBs, Casa Magnas, Kristoffs, Nat Shermans...
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    I am usually puffing on a Rocky Patel Edge which is about a $7 cigar and a very nice one.  My other favorites are Excalibur maduro, Avo, Paul Garmarian, Ashton Cabinets and a Cuban Cohiba Esplendido if I can get my hands on one.  On Memorial day I did a Pork Butt low and slow.  A good friend gave me an Arturo Fuente Opus X, which is a great cigar, but over priced in my opinion.  I enjoyed that one while watching my pork butt along with a Jameson 18 year old Irish whiskey.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
    I got to chat with Nester Miranda a while back... Cool guy.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,581
    henapple said:
    Smokey, I had one and hated it.
    Well fine!  I know what not to get you for the next lump delivery payment ;)

Try the #1 and let me know what you think.

Only problem with that one is the name is too d@mn long.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,706
    edited May 2013
    tamu2009 said:
    Picked up few a Flor de las Antillas today on the recommendation of a friend and cigar aficionado 
    I picked up one of these about a month ago but haven't tried it yet.  Been "collecting" and smoking for quite a while.  Here's a shot of the collection from a couple month ago. That's a 120 quart cooler, probably 200+ cigars in there, mix of singles, 5-packs, boxes...:

Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519

This is what I had:

Cig.jpg 936.7K

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,161
    Here is tonight's stick...

About $7 and pretty good.

image.jpg 572K
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,015
    San Lotano
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • erniemcclainerniemcclain Posts: 355
    Last one was a 1503 Ruby.  Not bad.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 237
    @smokeypitt that's what started this whole thread!
    Fabulous cigar!
    image.jpg 1.8M
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE - Custom Table - CGW Swing Grate - Fastest Thermapen you can't see because it's camo- Been e-gging ever since 2013! - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    image This was my bday party combo!!
    image.jpg 628K
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·

henapple said:

Smokey, I had one and hated it.

Well fine!  I know what not to get you for the next lump delivery payment ;)

Try the #1 and let me know what you think.

Only problem with that one is the name is too d@mn long.  

Had one last weekend... Good one
    ·
  • ToolmasterToolmaster Posts: 41
    Churchill Madura (AF)
    I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"

·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Big fan of the Punch Rare Corrojo - 

It is counterintuitive but the petit corona has a better flavor than the robusto
    ·
    I love that punch also
    ·
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 444

I'm new to the cigar world.  I smoked my first last year while in Belize to fulfill the lyrics of a Jerry Jeff Walker song, now I'm hooked.  I really dig CAO Black but just ordered a 5 pack of the Flor de las Antillas because of this thread.

Between egging, shooting clays, boating and now cigars I don't have much time to work!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 237
    @Hokie_Smoker

Glad I could pass on a good cigar to someone new to the pleasure. I believe egging, drinking bourbon, and smoking cigars all go perfectly together.
    LBGE - Custom Table - CGW Swing Grate - Fastest Thermapen you can't see because it's camo- Been e-gging ever since 2013! - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    On the topic, where do yall buy your cigars, Online?

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    I have a local cigar store that I buy from.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I buy local when I can. If I can't find it local my first stop is cigar international.

I also like sjcigars.com. It's a little shop up in Philly that has pretty good prices and a house brand that I really enjoy. They sell them by the bundle for like $2 bucks a stick and make great sticks for your friends to smoke that won't know the difference as well as a good stick for the golf course since if it gets screwed up you didn't spend that much on it.

Cigar international runs sampler deals all the time where you can buy a sampler of several cigars and get a humidor with it if you're new and need one. Spend over $50 and get free shipping.
    ·
  • BearlodgeBearlodge Posts: 45
    Pardon
    ·