Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner for 1

Options
Decided to treat myself to a nice dinner last weekend.image

Sorry, I have to brag on myself a bit too.

I was purchasing the lobster tail when a woman came up to me and asked my how I was going to cook it.  Obviously I said I was going to grill it.  She then asked how for how long or how did I know when it was done.  I could not give her a clear answer other than, I would just know.  You cook long enough, you do, you just know.  She had indicated that she always wanted to try cooking lobster but was afraid.  I spoke with her and her husband for another few minutes as they picked up their chicken kabobs and I got my filet.  Very nice couple, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.  Just as I was leaving the counter, I thought to myself, I am going to buy them a lobster tail for dinner.  I had the seafood counter ring me up another lobster tail, yet package it for them at no cost.  I found them a few isles away and said ...."Here, try a lobster tail on me".  They were shocked that a complete stranger would buy them a lobster tail.  I gave them a bit more specifics and some tips on grilling the tail.  I hope that they really enjoyed it.  I hope I run into them again so I can ask how it came out.

I was giggling the whole way home and through dinner at my "pay it forward" gesture.  I also thought about the passion that folks on here have for cooking, good food, sharing ideas, and helping each other out.  I consider it gift to them from the entire forum.

Since I consider it from all of us here, you owe me $$

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Nice pic of a great looking meal!. Where do you shop, so I can pretend to run into you? I have LOTS of questions about prime rib  :D

Just kidding. That was a nice gesture, and I'm sure they appreciated it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Like X 10...good stuff right there!

Awesome looking meal too...eating like a king!

LS may get a idea and ask all members to buy a stranger a lobster tail. :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Firemedic183
    Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    Options
    So how long did you cook it? What Temp? PS or no PS? Now I wanna try lobster.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Nice gesture and good looking cook. My check is in the mail.
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Very nice meal and gesture!  I have never cooked tail myself- definitely something I want to try.  Would love to hear some details on how you did it cuz that one looks perfect. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.