Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Well, I finally decided

Didn't know whether I was making Lebanese, Indian or Greek kofta in Toronto Saturday. Had six pounds of ground lamb from the butcher and four of NZ. Decided on Greek. Wasn't sure of the shrinkage cause I asked the butcher for plenty of lamb fat. How bout a Greekburger  for the trial run?

photo DSC_0112-2.jpg

photo DSC_0113-2.jpg

photo DSC_0114-2.jpg

photo DSC_0116-3.jpg

Purty dammit good!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,370
    You chose wisely

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,795
    Looks awesome. Only have ever done lamb pops... Would love to do a leg...
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,838
    Lamb burger - ummmmmmm. Nice - is the topping Tzatziki?. Like the red onion for colour/taste. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,286
    Yes. I only have 200 skewers to do tomorrow night. Chopped all fresh herbs, toasted coriander, cumin and cinnamon and ground. I am so beat and have a ton of stuff to finish tomorrow night

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,589
    LS, I thought you finished the prep a week ago :-/
    canuckland
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,331
    edited May 2013
    Looks really interesting. Bet it flys off the table. Have fun at the fest....this is on our list of fests to do.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Looks awesome. I'll take one. :D

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Never had lamb but that looks real good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    They were a little powerful as burgers. Good but strong. As kofta they will be perfect. Need some more cinnamon

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Mickey said:
    Never had lamb but that looks real good.
    Lamb is something you love or hate. My wife had a bite because they smelled so good but ended up spitting it out. Try grabbing a rack and grill to medium rare. That is the mildest. If you like that go to chops then leg. Mint sauce is a necessity.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • lewisj82lewisj82 Posts: 60
    I was talking to my wife the other day about doing lamb burgers. (She absolutely loves lamb) Looks like I have to now! Looks great!

BGE XL- Tomball, TX
    ·
    lewisj82 said:
    I was talking to my wife the other day about doing lamb burgers. (She absolutely loves lamb) Looks like I have to now! Looks great!
    Worth going to your butcher and having him/her grind a fattier batch for burgers using lamb fat. The OZ and NZ stuff is too lean.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 736
    Looks really good!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,791
    Reading about your prep for the eggfest has me drooling. It sounds like its going to be a great shindig!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,247
    Stephen had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,367
    Lamb made by little steve, little steve, little steve...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·