Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dinner for 1

Decided to treat myself to a nice dinner last weekend.image

Sorry, I have to brag on myself a bit too.

I was purchasing the lobster tail when a woman came up to me and asked my how I was going to cook it.  Obviously I said I was going to grill it.  She then asked how for how long or how did I know when it was done.  I could not give her a clear answer other than, I would just know.  You cook long enough, you do, you just know.  She had indicated that she always wanted to try cooking lobster but was afraid.  I spoke with her and her husband for another few minutes as they picked up their chicken kabobs and I got my filet.  Very nice couple, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.  Just as I was leaving the counter, I thought to myself, I am going to buy them a lobster tail for dinner.  I had the seafood counter ring me up another lobster tail, yet package it for them at no cost.  I found them a few isles away and said ...."Here, try a lobster tail on me".  They were shocked that a complete stranger would buy them a lobster tail.  I gave them a bit more specifics and some tips on grilling the tail.  I hope that they really enjoyed it.  I hope I run into them again so I can ask how it came out.

I was giggling the whole way home and through dinner at my "pay it forward" gesture.  I also thought about the passion that folks on here have for cooking, good food, sharing ideas, and helping each other out.  I consider it gift to them from the entire forum.

Since I consider it from all of us here, you owe me $$
·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    edited May 2013
    Nice pic of a great looking meal!. Where do you shop, so I can pretend to run into you? I have LOTS of questions about prime rib  :D

Just kidding. That was a nice gesture, and I'm sure they appreciated it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,244
    Like X 10...good stuff right there!

Awesome looking meal too...eating like a king!

LS may get a idea and ask all members to buy a stranger a lobster tail. :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • Firemedic183Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    So how long did you cook it? What Temp? PS or no PS? Now I wanna try lobster.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Nice gesture and good looking cook. My check is in the mail.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,890
    Very nice meal and gesture!  I have never cooked tail myself- definitely something I want to try.  Would love to hear some details on how you did it cuz that one looks perfect. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·