Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Dinner for 1

Decided to treat myself to a nice dinner last weekend.image

Sorry, I have to brag on myself a bit too.

I was purchasing the lobster tail when a woman came up to me and asked my how I was going to cook it.  Obviously I said I was going to grill it.  She then asked how for how long or how did I know when it was done.  I could not give her a clear answer other than, I would just know.  You cook long enough, you do, you just know.  She had indicated that she always wanted to try cooking lobster but was afraid.  I spoke with her and her husband for another few minutes as they picked up their chicken kabobs and I got my filet.  Very nice couple, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.  Just as I was leaving the counter, I thought to myself, I am going to buy them a lobster tail for dinner.  I had the seafood counter ring me up another lobster tail, yet package it for them at no cost.  I found them a few isles away and said ...."Here, try a lobster tail on me".  They were shocked that a complete stranger would buy them a lobster tail.  I gave them a bit more specifics and some tips on grilling the tail.  I hope that they really enjoyed it.  I hope I run into them again so I can ask how it came out.

I was giggling the whole way home and through dinner at my "pay it forward" gesture.  I also thought about the passion that folks on here have for cooking, good food, sharing ideas, and helping each other out.  I consider it gift to them from the entire forum.

Since I consider it from all of us here, you owe me $$

Comments