Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Dinner for 1

Decided to treat myself to a nice dinner last weekend.image

Sorry, I have to brag on myself a bit too.

I was purchasing the lobster tail when a woman came up to me and asked my how I was going to cook it.  Obviously I said I was going to grill it.  She then asked how for how long or how did I know when it was done.  I could not give her a clear answer other than, I would just know.  You cook long enough, you do, you just know.  She had indicated that she always wanted to try cooking lobster but was afraid.  I spoke with her and her husband for another few minutes as they picked up their chicken kabobs and I got my filet.  Very nice couple, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.  Just as I was leaving the counter, I thought to myself, I am going to buy them a lobster tail for dinner.  I had the seafood counter ring me up another lobster tail, yet package it for them at no cost.  I found them a few isles away and said ...."Here, try a lobster tail on me".  They were shocked that a complete stranger would buy them a lobster tail.  I gave them a bit more specifics and some tips on grilling the tail.  I hope that they really enjoyed it.  I hope I run into them again so I can ask how it came out.

I was giggling the whole way home and through dinner at my "pay it forward" gesture.  I also thought about the passion that folks on here have for cooking, good food, sharing ideas, and helping each other out.  I consider it gift to them from the entire forum.

Since I consider it from all of us here, you owe me $$

Comments