Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey you. Yes, you lurkers who are not posting. (Part 2)

Options
13»

Comments

• TheMowDown
    TheMowDown Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Ok, this is my first post. Got my large egg about 2 months ago and have kind of an obsession with it now. 2 funny stories... First I bought this thing for my wife because she wanted a grill for her birthday... She doesn't touch it! I've turned into the grill master :D we had never owned a grill before so I didn't have any experience on one. The egg makes it so fun to grill. Second, the first time we grilled on it(pic provided) I had just had my wisdom teeth pulled. And couldn't enjoy the meal! My favorite things to cook right now are steaks and cobbler on it. Hope to learn a lot from this site. Happy grilling, baking, and smoking everyone!

• chris123stock
    chris123stock Posts: 664
    Options
    Ok, this is my first post. Got my large egg about 2 months ago and have kind of an obsession with it now. 2 funny stories... First I bought this thing for my wife because she wanted a grill for her birthday... She doesn't touch it! I've turned into the grill master :D we had never owned a grill before so I didn't have any experience on one. The egg makes it so fun to grill. Second, the first time we grilled on it(pic provided) I had just had my wisdom teeth pulled. And couldn't enjoy the meal! My favorite things to cook right now are steaks and cobbler on it. Hope to learn a lot from this site. Happy grilling, baking, and smoking everyone!
    Best first grill to have, first and last for that matter. Also welcome to the party.
  • cfwilen
    cfwilen Posts: 27
    Options
    Alright alright....I'm a lurker.  Also got my first egg a couple months ago and between this forum and experimenting with the egg, I may have to quit my job to continue what has quickly become an obsession.  No pictures, but I've done spatchcock chickens a few times, ribs twice, brisket 5 times, pulled pork twice, burgers more times than I can count, copper river salmon last weekend, and the list goes on.  I picked up a new camera this weekend so pictures in the future!
    Portland, OR
  • avibug
    avibug Posts: 172
    Options
    Long time lurker, first time poster.  The advice on these boards was extremely helpful as I trolled comments for months, trying to decide which Egg to buy and how to situate it.  Finally got my XL two weeks ago and found a table through this forum.  It is my first charcoal grill, upgrading from a a Weber gas, so I'm working through the learning curve.  

Have only done a couple of cooks so far.  Pizza came out pretty good, as did the beer can chicken.  Not pictured are the steaks, which were well received though the temps got away from me on my first attempt at a reverse sear, and some assorted veggies.  

henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    TN_Egger said:

Yes, I lurk a lot.  Am also egg-less at the moment.  I live in Nepal and am cooking on my Weber kettle.  In a couple weeks I'm heading back to TN where I'm gonna egg my head off.

Holla when you get back. A few of us might be getting together close to you.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN