Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AR combo question

Options

I was going back and forth b/w a WOO and adjustable rig.  I am now going to go with AR combo and am leaning towards the combo with the R&B that includes the oval stone b/c I do a lot of ribs and it would be nice to have something to protect the ends of the ribs.  I would appreciate comments from people who have the AR with the R&B option. 

This would mean I would not get the combo with the spider.  Is the spider primarly for searing steaks?

Also, I have talked myself into spending $150 for the AR combo instead of $50 for the Woo.  I really don't want to spend another $60 for the rig extender w crossbar and sliding DGrid combo. Does this just give you one more height you can put it at? Will I be happy with the functionality of just the AR rig combo?

Comments