Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ribs, Ribs, and more ribs

boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,261

I have posted several times about using pulled pork and brisket for other dishes.  Our house, always has bags of leftover meat in the freezer that we use for a variety of purposes.

The new thing for us is freezing the rib meat.   I love ribs, Mrs boatbum doesn't.   Its the messy finger oriented part of it that turns her off.

Recently, we have started cooking ribs, I get to eat what I want off the Egg.   Then take the leftovers - strip the meat off and use it on other dishes.

Cooked ribs over the weekend, 1 babyback salt and pepper only, 1 spare with Stubbs.    Ate what I wanted, then stripped off two 1 lb bags for the freezer.   Only 1 bag made it to the freezer, the next night did pizza with rib meat - was fabulous.    If you like the meat you get from a rib, think about this - imagine it in every bite of a piece of pizza.

Just a thought - passing it on.

Cookin in Texas

Comments