Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Baking Steel Guy

Hello Everyone! First and foremost thank you to everyone who participated in the Group Buy.  And thank you to JT for putting this all together!  I can't thank you guys enough for reaching out to us and inquiring about our product.  At this point, i hope everyone who participated has received their Baking Steel. Please reach out to me if you have not and we will take care of you.  I can't wait to see everyone's creations.  More importantly, i can't wait to get my hands on one and experience the Art of Cooking on a Big Green Egg.  What an amazing product!  Thank you again!

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,873
    Welcome! Thanks so much for the great product! I used it for the first time on Monday. It took some getting used to but I am looking forward to the great food!
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,691
    Welcome aboard
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,545
    Welcome! Happy to have you here!

When will the round baking steel not be a custom order?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Hi Cazzy,
    We will be making the round a standard size in the very near future.  

This is quite the forum...great stuff.
  • yumdingeryumdinger Posts: 200
    Not just for pizza! Made some fantastic burgers last night on my Steel.
    image.jpg 1.7M
  • yumdinger said:
    Not just for pizza! Made some fantastic burgers last night on my Steel.
    Beautiful yumdinger.  How did they taste?

• carter422carter422 Posts: 58
    I am in when the round one is available.
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    Welcome! You're a newb and a celebrity here all at the same time!
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 207

Missed out on the group buy due to a vacation, but I'm looking forward to when I can buy one for my large BGE.

I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
  • jimreed777jimreed777 Posts: 313
    three pizza cooks, a half-dozen seared steaks and a round of burgers...going well so far. Thanks for joining.
  • Firemedic183Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    Thanks for posting pictures of my bacon covered cinnamon rolls on your Facebook page. They were delicious!!
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • yumdingeryumdinger Posts: 200
    Burgers were amazing.  What I appreciated the most was the vast cooking area I had.  6 burgers and room for one or two more and onions.  The steel cooked them perfectly.  
    Tonight ZA!  
    Image.jpg 2.2M
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 462
    Looking forward to hopefully getting on for my large as well
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,691
    I would buy one for my mini.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013